1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hunter Pence is a keeper

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by intersync, Sep 5, 2007.

1. RiceDaddy07

RiceDaddy07 Rookie

Shut up.

2. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Nice little story about Pence continuing to learn how to play the "right way" and Biggio still caring enough to pull a youngster aside even though the team is playing out the string in Bidge's last season.

So when's Bidge going to have the same talk with El Caballo? ;)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/5134177.html

Pence went 2-for-4 for his third consecutive multihit game, including his club rookie-record 29th double of the season. That came in the first inning when a pop dropped between three Cubs.

"I got to give credit to (Craig) Biggio actually," Pence said. "(Wednesday) I hit a semi pop fly and got kind of lackadaisical. I kind of ran 75 percent, not 100 percent, and if he dropped it I wouldn't have gotten to second.

"(Biggio) got on to me and he said, 'If I ever see you do that again — that's not the way you play — me and you are going to have problems.' It just woke me up. I said 'You know what, that's right.' I hit that pop fly and that's exactly what I thought of. It just so happens it fell in. Those are the kinds of things Craig Biggio does for the team."

3. Bobblehead

Bobblehead Contributing Member

Man Biggio is a bully! What a jerk!

If I were Hunter I would have said "Well ya know...it's just Baseball...ya know...

4. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Biggio is right. It may be "just" baseball, but it's their job, and if regular people have to work hard for minimum paychecks, the least they can do is run full speed no matter how "sure" the out may be.