1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Humor: Karma cost us championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Jul 13, 2018.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

C'mon man, seriously? This shouldn't even be debatable... I guess denial is more than just a river in Egypt...lol

We jokingly refer to the NBA rewriting the rule book bc of Harden... How much effort did the NBA officials put into explaining the legality of Harden's step back move last year?

Harden is probably the best in the league at drawing the foul - esp catching guys reaching... maybe best ever... Some folks (on here at least) think that makes him extra clever because the payoff on free throws is higher % than actually scoring from the floor... most (non Rockets fans) view it as cheap, ticky tack and unsportsmanlike bc he's initiating the contact... seems to me, opinion is basically based on what side your bread is buttered on and whether or not you're a Rox fan... I tend to believe the real is somewhere in the middle... personally, I'm old school - screw playing for the whistle, throw it down with two hands and there won't be no question bout it! If you're gonna play the game dependent on getting the call - sometimes things aint gonna go your way... When I say dependent, I mean you are not even trying to make a bucket, you're just trying to get a whistle dependent...

I was happy as hell not to see CP3 flopping as I had seen him do in the past... Let me be clear - I'm not talking about over accentuating contact... I'm talking untouched, head jerks back and collapses to the ground flopping. Imo that kind of move is cheating. You're trying to trick the official into calling a foul where one did not exist - even remotely... that's cheating. This was the reason I was not happy about our acquiring CP3 - and was glad that I didn't see a bunch of that stuff last year. but if you have that rep and have made officials look foolish in the past... dont be surprised if it catches up with you...

On a similar note, James' 'hook the defender as he's coming off the screen and pull him into me' move... again, was very pleased I didn't see it last year as I had in the past... again, paramount to cheating imo.... again, rep and catching up with you...

"But everybody does it..." Sure, every team plays loose with the rules and tries to see what they can get away with... thing is, we push the envelope in some respects... so if you're the officials... and it's your job to call the game correctly and fairly... and you are getting jobbed more and more by guys trying to play you... what team are you gonna make an example of?

PS Remember a couple years back when James used to drive the lane and before anyone even had a chance to foul him, both arms were in the air flailing trying to get the call? ;)

#21 kjayp, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

yet JBB kept playing Brewer and kept having him shoot.... and goes on to get another head coach position... sometimes there's no justice... lol

topfive likes this.
  3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Yeah because they’re everywhere right?? I seriously doubt he “refuses” to get them. We did sign Anderson remember

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

No they're rare that's why you have to pay a premium for them smartass.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

What about signing Ryno to a 80mil/4year contract? Something you won't even pay Capela. Was that Karma too Morey?

6. Blurr#7

Please tell me who’s out there?

7. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

You mean, Kyle Korver?

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Look up

9. Blurr#7