1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hulu Plus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket Guy, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

I can't search for threads, and I'm sure there was one. Any who, I requested an invite for it and it's been like 2 weeks and I have not received any response at all. Is there anyone else out there that request and is now on it, or is everyone else still waiting?

I personally cannot wait. I have an iPad, and ps3 salivating for it. I have been doing some google action trying to find out when it will be available to everyone without invite, with no luck.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I have a couple of requests in as well but so far, no invite.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Haven't the reviews been pretty terrible?

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I discovered Netflix 3 weeks ago and also use iTunes. I also make good use of the U-Verse DVR. Hulu Plus is a complete non-starter for me. The free content on Hulu is all I want from it. I think Hulu Plus will fail miserably.

IMO, the only way to make it stick is to cutoff the free content and make everyone pay to access any content on Hulu, which would be overnight suicide.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Even since 1995, I'm surprised how businesses always followed the model of Pay in Real Life/Free Online. If industries would have been assholes from day 1 setting the precedent to force everyone to pay, they'da been better off I think.

6. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

One of these days, all the big media companies will band together and charge for their content. People will scream bloody murder for a year or two, and then it'll just be the way things are.

7. Nero

Nero Member

That's fine, and piracy will be the way things are as well.

The digital cat's out of the bag. People don't want to pirate, they just don't want to be gouged.

Online's buy-by-the-title model for music proves this. People are willing to pay for what they want, but are unwilling to pay for overpriced crap that goes with it, which has been the music industry's model for decades, but no more.

So if they want to try to squeeze more blood out of people, all they will do is drive the piracy industry further underground and swell its ranks once again.

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Why do we "scream bloody murder"? I think "bloody" it's the grossest kind of murder. If it were just a bullet shot, and no blood, I don't think people would be "grossed out." Still, the people screaming bloody murder aren't the ones actually getting killed, they're the ones finding out about the bloody murder. A cry for bloody murder is actually good news! :eek:

Yeah, I forgot I used to do these... :grin: I'm back, baby!