1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HUGE LULZ] Royce White...."Don't call it a comeback!"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BamBam, Mar 6, 2015.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Fool me once....

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

he would not be available for what is now or a minimum contract if he had worked out to begin with. that is why it was a calculated risk then. you guys are both right though.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Rockets first-round draft pick Royce White will indeed play for Clippers' summer league team in Orlando. Still an intriguing player.</p>&mdash; Ben Bolch (@latbbolch) <a href="https://twitter.com/latbbolch/status/615296644918018048">June 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

He should be great considering all the games will be in one city.

5. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I had suggested back then that they just use him for home games. That would have been a more promising arrangement than what transpired. Maybe he gets better...

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Flame me, but Rolls Royce has the greatest potential to be the next Draymond Green. I can see why teams are interested.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry I cannot help laughing. He got the potential to be the biggest bogus fraud in history....

Never was a fan and when he got drafted I preferred Lamb and Jones ahead of this fool.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rox overvalue Summer league more often than not because they were consecutive SL champs over the years.

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

White is garbage

McHale's idiot hand pick. Cost us #16 pick and a few other assets to get rid of his sorry ass

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

What makes Green special is his competitiveness, intensity and leadership. What makes any of that scream Royce White to you? Dude probably just burned through his 3M and is now desperate for more money :rolleyes:

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Of course i was basing my statement on his physical gifts. No way in hell am i suggesting that he has Draymond's drive

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

Continually posting this doesn't change that White was Morey's pick, not McHale's. McHale wanted to draft Tyler Zeller instead.

13. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The talent is there. I liked the pick back then and I'm ok with it now knowing how it worked out.

14. Raven

Raven Member

Pssst, Mark, go ahead and sign him. Don't you realize how bad you'd make Morey look if you could turn Royce White into a star? Everyone would think you were awesome and so much better than the overrated GM of the Rockets. Everyone would think you were the smartest guy in the room again. Go ahead. You know you want to. Just do it.

:p

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lets see what he brings to the summer league. Will Royce show some White pride or waive the White flag?

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

That'd set a bad precedent that most teams arent too equipped to handle. And has potential for abuse by people seeking the accommodation

A regular business can have individual "flex scheduling" and part timers alongside full timers.

Sports though is built on a Always Available All Times principle. Platoons and lefty-righty splits work in baseball. But not in other sports that have continuous movement and require consistency to build chemistry.

Can you imagine Steph Curry and Lebron only avaible for half the games?

17. da_juice

da_juice Member

Especially with a guy like Royce who (theoretically) was supposed to be a real dynamic player. A 6 foot 8 point guard like he (supposedly) is takes a lot of adjustment. You could maybe get a way with inlyonly playing him at home if he was a spot up shooter or something.

18. da_juice

da_juice Member

I can see a resident "cap expert " on Sportscenter being like "trade Jordan Hill, Randle, and Russell for Cousins and have Lebron and Love take a sl8ght paycut to play for such a great franchise."

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

First of all, Draymond did very well this season, no doubt about it.

But Draymond has not gotten the chance to do it more than 1 season consistently.

Royce Be Well White is just 3 tiers or 4 tiers below any decent NBA player.

You might call yourself one of his supporters or at least friendly observers but let me tell you

FORGET THAT DUDE PLS

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think there is another word for it WHITE Trash