1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HuffPo liberals hate Texas and are happy about the fertilizer plant explosion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Apr 18, 2013.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Great thread. 5 stars.

2. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

This would mean that OSHA has failed in this case.

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Correct. Too bad. Now we should find out why. Whether it's funding cuts, or not enough regulations who knows? It could be something else entirely that caused OSHA to fail. Either way it should be investigated.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Meh I hate Rick also. Also, I could care less if people are talking **** about Texas. Look how many people are fleeing their states to come here for work.

5. NMS is the Best

Basso is running out of material to post...

6. Nook

Nook Member

This.
    I no longer live in Texas but I can tell you that the economy and people in Texas are a hell of a lot better than Chicago, Ohio, Indiana, Seattle and the majority of other places I live or have lived... and it is even worse in Europe.

7. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Commenting about how a lack of regulation contributes to disasters such as the fertilizer plant explosion does not mean they're happy about it. Hell, it really means they want to prevent such things from happening in the future if anything.

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

I remember the Eisenhower administration and in all my very long life I have never witnessed partisanship like I see today, ever. It seems like the Left is more left than ever and the Right is more right than ever. With the Campaigner in Chief going for the throat on every issue, this is not likely to change. Reminds me of Nixon who saw the world as friends and enemies and nothing in between. Reagan, Johnson, and Clinton were "wheeler-dealers" who made things happen. The good ole days.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that both sides may have more of an us vs. them mentality regarding the parties. I'd agree with that. But the Democrats are more to the right than every before at any time in history and the Republicans are more to the right than they've been as well. EVeryone has shifted to the right.

10. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I actually don't think they're giddy, mostly angry at the conservative state government that allowed this to happen.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So true. While I would disagree with you on the President, who has endured more filibusters in the Senate than any president in modern times, making it extremely difficult to get anything passed, those flibusters also illustrate your point. Partisanship from both sides is at an all-time high. Comity in Congress is becoming something people like you and I can remember, but which largely doesn't exist today. I remember Ike as well, and Republicans like Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen, who was crucial to the passage of the Civil Rights Act. Dirksen makes Mitch McConnell look like a pimple on an elephant's arse. Reid is one of those Democrat leaders that make me cringe, and I'm a Democrat. Things are not good in Washington today. Not good at all.

Yet, in so many ways, the American public has become more liberal. Supports for equal rights for the LGBT community is higher than it has ever been. So is support for the legalization of mar1juana. So is support of immigration reform. So what's up?

#31 Deckard, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  12. Anxiety Trooper

Lol @ Bigtexx. I hope GOP CF.net members denounce his stupidity like ATW expects Muslims to always do:rolleyes:

13. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

While I was not around for Eisenhower, I can tell you that in my 40 years on this planet, partisanship has increased sharply. Being in Washington is now about right or left rather than right or wrong. We need a fundamental shift in the paradigm in Washington.

I think that the time is ripe for a leader who is liberal socially yet conservative fiscally.

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Partisanship has increased administratively for the sake of more nationally coordinated electoral funding, particularly once the Congressional majority became competitive again, but not among the citizenry. Most individuals within the racial and economic plurality no longer blindly support a political party based on their own national/ethnic origin, religious/denominational association, industry of employment, union or management affiliation or regional heritage.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such a leader would never be elected - rejected by both parties. Especially the GOP. Jon Huntsman for example.

This country has to first reach a breaking point. It will get worse before it gets better How much worse is the question.

16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Not necessarily. It is uncommon for OSHA to ever inspect a business with so few full time employees.