1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hubie Brown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by koopa, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

I like Hubie Brown and I think he's a brilliant coach (I love the Memphis 10+ man rotations) but he can't physically handle an NBA coaching job anymore, training camp + 82 games, 41 on the road + playoffs.

He could probably come on board as a consultant or adviser or some sort of assistant.

But I'm sure McHale wouldn't really like being coached how to coach, if you know what I mean.

2. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Ummm, crypt keeper is usually the first thing that pops into my head when I see Hubie Brown.

3. markusbrutus

markusbrutus Member

Man, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

Never, he's the best commentator out there, he should do the Finals instead of that biased JVG. What's up with the dumb random coach suggestion threads lately?? We have McHale and he's not going anywhere..

5. koopa

koopa Member

His Age isn't a factor. People these days live til 100

6. SSP365

SSP365 Member

of course age is a factor. that's why he isnt coaching anymore. the heat could fire spolstra right now and offer it to hubie. he wouldnt take it.

dumb thread is dumb thread.

7. mzsajjad

mzsajjad Member

Of all the coaches available ... the list should start with George Karl, then maybe Jerry Sloan ... I hate to say it considering Rockets history against those 2 coaches but well they are pretty awesome coaches. I wonder if we could get both of the Gundy Brothers to coach one team ? lol ... thats a joke.

I wouldnt have Hubie Brown in my top 5 choices. I rather give someone young like Kidd a chance or stick with proven winners that can be with the franchise for atleast 5 years to build upon yearly progress with our young squad.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

McHale has already worked out, don't understand the logic.

He took the youngest, most inexperienced and almost completely re-hauled roster to the playoffs all while dealing with the death of his daughter. Don't know what more could be asked of him.

He has the respect of players throughout the league and did a great job of recruiting Dwight

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I think not

1 person likes this.
  10. Oracle

Oracle Member

Correct. What's the problem here??? The Rockets are not doing good enough?? The Rockets had a roster that on paper should have been deep in the lottery. The team made it to the playoffs. Not only made it, but played the type of BB that everybody wants to watch. Look at the Lakers. They had Dwight (and a couple of other scrubs) and just merely made it to the playoffs. Now the Rockets have Dwight and let's see how that turns out for the team this season. It's going to be easy to evaluate Kevin McHale against the reference point in last years Lakers. Let Kevin McHale work and we'll have a look at the results. Then again, if you are a Laker fan, you might not want him to stay.

11. koopa

koopa Member

Lmfao

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

lmfao op was high as hell coming up with this thread.

13. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i cant stop laughing at this thread. it might be a classic for worst threads

14. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Just wow. You're seriously underestimating how physically taxing even coaching in the nba is.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Hubie is now ancient. He was ancient during his last stop in the NBA.

1. Kevin McHale did an outstanding job last season.
    2. One of the reasons D12 is here is for Kevin McHale.
    3. All of the players love him.

Stupid thread equalls 1 star.

16. conquistador#11

though i think we should have had more victories last season had it not been for sticky balls,but it would be stupid to even think about wacking coach mchale. he is growing as a head coach.