1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HTC One series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hilltopper, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

I think I'm going to get the Tmobile HTC One S. Reviews have been pretty positive. My LG G2X has been a letdown. It's a great phone when working, but chooses to power down for no reason at all, a common complaint.

Here's the Engadget review of the One S, available next week.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/18/htc-one-s-t-mobile-review/

Long MobileTech video review

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZDOhdKQF5k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7ZDOhdKQF5k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Looking forward to your comments after you get the phone. Been with T-Mobile a long time but I'm considering switching my family to Verizon depending on how their new "family" data plans are priced.

This phone and Verizon's new data pricing will determine whether we lock into T-Mobile for another 2 years or jump ship. HSPA+42 is plenty fast but I hate getting slowed after just 2 GBs of "unlimited" data.

4. E_Saiyan

E_Saiyan Member

I'm torn between getting this phone or waiting for the announcement of the SG III. I have the Samsung Vibrant, which is really showing its age. Not a fan of Samsung phones' build quality and the touch wiz UI. Might just have to bite the bullet on the One S. If ony it had a full HD screen...would make the decision much easier.

5. moose

moose Member

The Galaxy s3 is supposed to be announced May 3rd in London. My full upgrade is due for tomorrow. Perfect timing.

If the One X was on t-mobile, I wouldn't consider any other phone. I'm not sold on the One S.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Rumor is that the Galaxy "SIII" (may not be called that) is just going to be a minor upgrade to bring it up to speed with the HTC One series. It may also have eye-tracking software that puts it in sleep mode when you look away, and wakes it up when you look at it. More an Iphone 4S-type move, which I think is a dumb move for Samsung. I think it will allow companies, like HTC, to gain a bit of ground.

I will be getting the Sprint version of the One X, the Evo 4g LTE. I'm kind of warming to it's looks (although I like the One X's looks a lot). Plus, the physical shutter button and the micro Sd card slot are great additions.

7. Burko

Burko Member

For the sake of 2 weeks if I were you I'd wait and see regarding the S3 announcement...

If it's a full Android JellyBean launch with 1.5ghz Quad Core processor etc you'll be kicking yourself.

Personally I'm holding out for the Galaxy Note 2.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I have a feeling JellyBean will not really have a huge impact on phones, and be more along the lines of a Honeycomb -type deal with tablets. Or has it been stated otherwise? Either way, I have a hard time seeing a new android version coming this soon out that would so impact phones when ICS was just launched 4 or 5 months ago, and revamped a lot of things.

9. Hilltopper

I probably will wait until then. May 5th, right? Is the phone coming to Tmobile for sure?

10. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

why? the one S uses s4 cpu, which is better than the quad core tegra 3 that the one X uses. ATT version uses the same s4 cpu as the one S. one X got a better screen but everything else i would say they are equal.

i hope the GSIII uses the s4 as well instead of tegra3.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

GSIII would have Exynos, not Tegra 3. Could be A15 cores, but that's probably too crazy.

12. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

why are you guys so confident that the s3 will be coming to the us so soon? Didn't it takes months for the s2 to make its way here?

13. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Yeah, I prefer the SnapDragon over Tegra Devices (LG G2X fail, and incompatible applications).

GS3 will be using the Exynos. Thank god, I personally think the TI Omap series is so over rated (Samsung used it in the GNexus, and Moto did on the Razr's)

14. Hilltopper

15. Hilltopper

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Key question. Very doubtful. T-Mobile is near the bottom of the food chain.

17. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

18. Xenochimera

Xenochimera Contributing Member

well if you are waiting for carrier pricing than yeah, it would take awhile but otherwise you can buy other versions way before. i think the galaxy nexus can be had for around 400ish now unlocked, even though tmobile doesnt carry it.

19. Hilltopper

Perfect timing...my LG G2X got a long overdue massive update yesterday that allegedly fixes some major bug issues (constant crashes, powering down). It certainly makes it easier to wait a little while longer, although that One S is tempting.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

How does it compare to the Galaxy Nexus?