1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HTC One or Galaxy 4 ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Contract ends next week .... Givin' up the Iphone 5 after using the last 3 models

[​IMG]

I'm really liking the HTC One since it has the aluminium shell.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any suggestion?

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wait a few more weeks and let additional opinions come out between the S4 and HTC One. Seems like the HTC has more favorable reviews so far but I'm curious about its camera. The S4 might have a clear advantage there.

The extra crud (software) on the S4 and Samsung's desire to move away from Android makes me distrust them. The slowness of both HTC and Samsung to upgrade their models to the latest versions of Android is annoying.

I'm waiting on the Google X-phone and the Nexus 5 before making a decision. I want to guarantee there is no buyer's remorse this time. The only phone that could make me buy sooner is the rumored Nexus 4 with LTE to be announced next month.

3. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

I would say the HTC one, but I'm a fanboy. So take it FWIW. Would have loved to have the phone but had to upgrade last month to the evo lte because my old evo was unusable.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I played with the s4 last week and it's gorgeous. Feels totally different in the hand than the s3

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I literally just checked out my buddy's HTC One and that thing is freaking impressive -- the specs on the thing are amazing. I would have to buy a cover for it though because the edges are so thin -- it's hard to grip.

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

HTC One. Definitely think it's the best android smartphone right now. S4 seems like the same plastic feel, the One is actual premium feeling smart phone. I think there's bound to be less clutter with HTC than Samsung in terms of bloatware also.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

8. Luckyazn

HTC One comes standard 32GB which is plenty

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, the overall quality is definitely iPhone 5 level -- except it has a massive screen.

10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

if you want something that works go with the 5.

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Also has the 64GB option if you're on AT&T for $100 more.

12. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

13. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

If you're coming from an iPhone 5, i'd say go get the HTC One. It will give you a great introduction to Android.

The Galaxy S4 is faster/has a lot more features/better battery life, but I think ex-Apple users will like the One a lot more. The one bajillion bells and whistles won't be as high on the priority list.

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Samsung mobile philosophy: pack a **** ton of gimmicks in a cheap plastic body and advertise the **** out of it

and it works unfortunately. Go with the HTC One.

15. Luckyazn

16. trustme

trustme Member

Wait for the 5S

17. mhch720

mhch720 Member

My contract expires in June, so I've been thinking this one through, was originally gonna go with the S4, until I found about the HTC One. I just like the feel of HTC Sense over Samsung's cartoony theme, plus the 4 'ultrapixel' camera is great in low light (which are most of anybody's pictures anyway) is a bonus. Though, I am a sucker for the all the features the S4 has, I think I'll go with the One just because I'm a HTC fanboy (have had the first EVO for almost 2 years).

18. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Welcome to the club! Had the first evo for two years too and now I'm on the lte. I love me my kickstand

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im deciding between the two as well...I have the S3 right now.

My question is if I should wait 5-6 months for another Android to be released. I dont even know if there is anything that will compete with these two phones. If anyone has advice, I'd like to hear if I should wait it out for the next best thing.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Wait 5-6 months and give the Google/Motorola X-phone and the Nexus 5 a chance. You won't regret waiting. Regrets only happen when you buy prematurely.

1 person likes this.