1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HP-Video]Clutch Air Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

maybe you need a history lesson:

The Rockets made this video, Jeremy Lin is not in it

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Are we still paying Lin? He's finally helping us win games by playing on the other side.

tinman likes this.
  3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Curry airballed yesterday. Ariza airballed today. People airball.

Westbrook take the same type of shots and Lin took. Team down 1. Instead of a 2 they took a 3. But Westbrook is Westbrook.

Now. Stop making threads that are not dmo related

Houstunna and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This was one of those moments I was glued to my seat with tensions running high, but spit out my drink after seeing him do that. Reminded me of that one game with us

tinman likes this.
  5. Polishdelight

Polishdelight Member

lol all this fixation on Lin and Tinman fails to mention one of the actual worst PGs in Rockets history that we JUST had on the team - Ty Lawson. Nice job, Tinny boy

6. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Howard is not in it. Parsons is not in it.
    Not even Josh Smith. Not even a single highlight of the comeback. So why is does it matter if Lin is not in it?

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

Making it a point that his tenure was meaningless compared to others In this great history of the Rockets

8. tinman

Supporting Member

You realized we played the nets tonight right?

Did Lawson get traded to the nets and play tonight?
    If he did please post the video
    Thanks

And heypartner made this video which was prestine

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Francis made it. He had Rocket heart.

Time to sign off and try my best to dream about a lineup of Harden at point, Moses at power forward, Hayes at small forward, Mobley at SG and a young Hakeem at center. Harden goes for 20 points, 25 assists and ZERO rebounds. They run MDA's offense, JVGs defense and the team is owned by the stockholding fans. Shares are at 10,000 % of original value, but no one will sell the best investment they've ever made.

Ah, how sweet it is.. to DR34M.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

In your eyes he's meaningless. But not in some rockets fan here. But that's just your opinion.

Just like how I didn't see the guys I've listed in the videos but it doesn't mean they weren't a part of rockets' history. I appreciate the years they were here and wish them the best (except Royce white, screw that turd). Same goes for Lin.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

These are the days Tinman lives for.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin helped us win today
    I won't forget that

13. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Try to look forward. Loser.

14. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Not sure why people still hate Lin, I mean, I know he did have some kind of a cult following of fans and dude definately understands how that happens and all. But, it's not like he was a Scottie Pippen or Stromile Swift and nor was he a team cancer, he wanted to win games and help the team he just wasn't very good under coach McFail. I think if Lin were playing for this team right now off our bench we would all be very happy, and I THINK Lin would too.

Let it go, Tinman. I love your posts and dedication to the Rockets but its time to bury the hatchet here and stuff, man.

ilovehtownbb and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. TDRox

TDRox Member

Did I see ****ing Corey Brewer?! in that video?! At the 2:02 mark. He's like a cockroach, he will be here forever...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Not sure about that . Eric Gordon is balling.

When the LOF insulted Clutchfans and acted like it was their own Lin twitter account, they became the enemy .

One LOF on Clutchfans is too many .
    It's like Ebola, you don't want any left around here

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  17. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Well, that's an interesting take on it. I wasn't around here when that was going on so I can't really comment to the severity of the **** that was ongoing and stuff. But, you also need to keep in mind that Lin can't control the idiots that zealously follow him. No player can, really man.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Lin just showing the Toyota centre that he is still a great decision maker and highly dependable in clutch situations.

To br fair he probably wanted to pass to Lopez, and jumped to pass like he always does, but that idiot Lopez wasnt looking, so he threw an alley oop for another wide open team mate, and that idiot intentionally left it. They only did that because both idiots were jealous of how good Lin was playing, and idiot coach told them to make him look bad.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

You want an example?
    Here's one. A BANNED LOF, who puts the 'Rox' in his moniker to disguise himself as Rockets fan, posts this:

Clutch bans him
    This is way after Lin left the Rockets.

Here's a famous thread that went like 400 pages because a Rockets fan posted his displeasure about Lin's performance
    Is Jeremy Lin a joke?
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/jeremy-lin-is-a-joke.229170/
    There were no boundaries to these idiots, they blindly called Rockets fans racist, when we are team that has Yao Ming as a hall of famer.
    They created tons of fake accounts pretending to be Rockets fans even pretending to be Lin haters. Lots, maybe hundreds of accounts were banned.

We can defeat these idiots, weed them out

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

My biggest problem with Lin is he takes a lot of things for granted as a player. He no doubt had an inspirational story in terms of making it to the NBA and with Linsanity but after that he just didn't move forward. Look at Beverley for example, he is probably an even bigger underdog than Lin. He grew up in a tough neighborhood in Chicago, he isn't very fast, nor is he very talented. However, he worked his ass off every game and did everything he could to make sure he was always the hardest worker on the court. The end result was his game was considered more suitable next to Harden because he covered Harden's weaknesses whilst still being (at the time) a somewhat reliable 3 point shooter.

Lin just never adapted his game. He worked on his shot, he worked on his conditioning, but his playstyle has fundamentally remained the same. This is not the say he is a bad player, but as JVG said about Patrick Beverley the other day, Beverley is someone that could go to any contender and help them win games, because he does what it takes the win games. Lin is elite at attacking the rim, but his subpar handles prevent him from maximizing this advantage. Instead of developing an off-ball game which would have complemented his ability to drive in whilst limiting his average ball handling skills, he continued to improve upon things that would not fundamentally make him a good complement to superstars.

A team where Lin is your best or 2nd best player will never go far unfortunately.

Dragon Blood and tinman like this.