1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HP-Video]Clutch Air Ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Dec 12, 2016.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you mean bad like this?

ramotadab likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Its impressive how quickly you posted that. You must have that saved in the favorites menu, either that or the Fap material folder. Why do you relish a rockets player making a bad play ?

Edit .. yes i mean bad like that. Interestingly enough it was one those plays that theoretically isn't that awful. Sure its definitely not favorable to the game situation, but its a high percentage look that if he makes basically ensures we win.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

"I was just happy he didn't try to do too much." -- Atkinson

#23 heypartner, Dec 12, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

That was his biggest moment as a Rocket. Playoffs, everybody watching nationally.
    You don't remember?

Don't blame me I didn't sink the Rockets that series.

You mean 'bad PLAYS' with an S.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Atkinson is one tolerant coach. I'd call that airball trying to "do too much".

I'm so happy with Jeremy Lin right now. My joy runeth over.

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

You dont think playing TJones on LA was a bigger impediment to winning the series ?

Also Beverley was ill that series and was not effective at all.

Lin also had a good game or two that series .

Harden had some equally damaging games considering he was expeted to pull a much bigger load.

7. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I don't blame Linda for not grabbing the second rebound because wes Matthews freaking scissored him and tripped him up and grabbed him, but the first one was straight up dumb as ****

8. tinman

Supporting Member

What does Harden have to do with Lin?
    One is an All star and MVP candidate, and one is a bench player for the Nets.

amaru likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

Then why did we get rid of Lin instead of Beverly or Harden?

You don't have to be a NBA GM to figure this one out.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

We Traded him to Open Up cap space to try and land Bosh. For someone that seems intent to dwell on historical actions of Jeremy Lin , you dont seem to remember things that well.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh that's right, we got rid of him cause he was so damn important to the Rockets! That's why we had to GIVE THE LAKERS A DRAFT PICK just to get him off our hands.

If he was so damn awesome, we had several chances to get him back, why didn't we ?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh forgot this gem of a debut playoff performance against OKC!

ricardo1979 likes this.
  13. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

LOL thanks Jeremy. Somethings never change. He is what he is an solid piece nothing more nothing less

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

All I gotta say is, I hope you can get over this. It seems like you are really holding on to this hatred and notion that you are right. I also think you might want to read my statements more carefully.

I truly believe that you love the rockets so as someone else who loves them as well i gotta say this ( and not in jest) you ought to let it go. Whatever narrative you think occurred here with Lin is full of misguided assumptions and paranoia.

There were posters on this board who over-rated the guy. And there were posters who under-rated him. The truth of what he is and was becomes clearer as time moves on. And it is becoming clearer that you are holding onto some feeling that should be let go.

Enjoy the rockets as they are now and treat Lin for what he is . Just another ex rocket. And there are alot of those

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Would Lin be a good pick up in a trade to come off the bench? Brewer or Mcdaniels, 2nd rounder for Lin?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm the one enjoying this victory, apparently you are one showing sympathy for an Ex-Rocket that did NOTHING for the the Rockets.

who do you think did more of the ex-Rockets on that team? Scola or Lin?
    I'm going to say Scola did way more than Lin as a Rocket.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Prolly wouldnt. Unless of course we sustain an injury to guard. I like our guard rotation now and we need a 2-3 more than we need a 1-2. That being said he would be nice in this system, but i just dont see the need as we have 3 guards already playing at a high level.

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Of course Scola.

I'm not showing sympathy, I'm trying to correct your recollection of how he played while here. Regardless of if he's on the team or not, as someone who loves history, it pains me to see the narrative twisted so badly.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Ex Rockets that actually did more than Lin, that's way too many to name, but I'll give you ones of note

Cassell, Horry, Francis, Mobley, Dwight Howard (yes), and Tracy McGrady (even his first round exits were more special than anything Lin did for the Rockets)

20. tinman

Supporting Member

You are the one getting the narrative wrong.

He sucked majorly with the Rockets

go ahead a re-read some of these threads (I didn't even start them)

here's one

Jeremy Lin better not get on the team bus...
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/jeremy-lin-better-not-get-on-the-team-bus.253680/