1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP TouchPad Owners Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Tigerknee

Tigerknee Contributing Member

Don't know if this has been asked yet but is there an app out there that can record and play videos using the web cam?

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

3. Mae

Mae Member

Is anyone else having trouble with their chargers?

My father in law came over yesterday saying his charger wasn't charging or his pad was broken. He used my charger to find that it was indeed just his charger that was not working. I went to charge ours last night and now ours isn't charging either.

4. Nero

Nero Member

Beat me to it! :)

Hey, has anyone been able top find that Camera for Touchpad app? I can never locate it on the marketplace, in search, even searching by developer.. what gives?

5. Nero

Nero Member

The charger can sort of 'unscrew' itself a little bit, try checking to make sure that it is not loose, as though ti were 'unscrewed'.. sorry I can't think of a better word for it, but you will understand when you mess with it a little..

Hopefully that is all it is.

1 person likes this.
  6. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

I hope my touchpad gets here before this thread and threads on precentral get too big...

Order Date/Time: 08/25/2011 10:28:20 AM
    Estimated Ship Date: 08/23/2011
    Estimated Delivery Date: 08/23/2011

whatever the **** these mean, sigh, I ordered Sunday morning

7. Mae

Mae Member

I see what you mean, but that doesn't seem to fix the problem. :( Thanks though. :)

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... their order system is really advanced, it shipped to you two days before you ordered, and their shipping is same day. ;)

I am patiently waiting for mine to arrive (it arrived in Houston Friday afternoon, and is supposed to be delivered today). I would have liked the multi-tasking app that was in the August free app offer, but none of the freebiews in this month seem that important to me, so I am not sweating missing out on the offer since it is likely they will be all gone by the time my arrives and gets juiced up.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And just like that, the brown truck arrives! :grin:

10. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

I have just found this thread. Where are these $100 Touchpad still available? Does anyone know?

11. Mae

Mae Member

They're gone dude. Gone.

You can check the ebays and other sites to see if other people are selling their cheaply gained Touchpads.

12. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

it came up in app catalog using search term Camera for Touchpad

Mae, did yall try unscrewing the two pieces of the charger and putting them back together? I haven't had this problem with mine, but I read on precentral that is how to do it.
    if that doesn't work, it may be defective. Also, and I know this sounds stupid to ask, but are you sure it is firmly seated in the touchpad USB plugin? It can be deceiving especially when using a case.

13. Mae

Mae Member

I unscrewed and screwed it back on. I also know it is plugged into a working outlet. And yes, I believe it is deeply and firmly seated. ;)

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

that's not true

HP claims they still have some in the warehouse and they will be shipping them out to retailers who want them or just keep an eye out on HP's small business site.

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

16. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

uh, I envy you... I decided to give them a call to verify my order, only to be met with a great wall of 'average wait time 36 minutes'... screw it, patience is a virtue right? I suppose I can get reading on this while waiting for the TP to arrive.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Rumors that Samsung wants to acquire WebOS from HP, but HP is saying they'd rather just spin off a separate company. Eeeeeentrestin'.

18. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

"r.i.p. omegasupreme" my arse. :) riding this hp veer 'til I die.

19. Nero

Nero Member

Hey, in case any of you guys encounter this: the Touchpad froze up, would not turn on, after having worked fine all afternoon. Wouldn't come on, nothing worked, not even plugging into the PC. Just the light flashing twise over and over.

Found the way to trigger a restart, which cleared it right up.

Hold down the power button and the center button at the same time, for about 15 seconds, until the HP logo appears in the middle of the screen.

Problem solved.

Just FYI

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

^^
    To add to that, the Touchpad works like a lot of mobile devices when it comes to screenshots too. Press the Power button and the center/Home button together and it'll take a screenshot and save it in your photos.