1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HP, the thought of Ming starting has....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DearRock, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ming making mistakes is better the Cato w/o mistakes. I don't see how starting Ming may costs us a playoff spot.

2. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Why would you spoil a perfectly good team by bringing in TyHill?

Barring an injury you can expect the rockets to have no major moves this new season. The only one that is likely to move is KT and I can easily see us keeping him, and him wanting to stay. If the rockets planned on making any more moves they would have gotten Keon Clark, if only to prevent the Kings from getting him. As we approach the new season, I seriously cannot call one player I would like to realistically want to add to this team. By realistic, I mean, people like Kobe notwithstanding. Almost any player you could dream up, you will find that we already have a similar or better player on the roster. I do want Christie, Odom, Lewis, Wallaces, Jones, en fin, en fin.

I said before I knew for sure what Ming brings, that I cannot see as a certainty four teams in the west better that the rockets. Therefore I expect us to compete for homecourt advantage in the first round.

3. windy

windy Member

nice posts, you guys! :)
    I think Yao Ming may start but I'm afraid that he may just play for couple of minutes at the first several games as he has little time to practice with his new teammates before season begins. It takes time and energy to play the games in a new style for him. :(

4. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet but you have to assume that one of the stipulations placed upon the rockets when they drafted Ming by the CBA and Chinese government would be that he has to start. It would not look good for Chinese basketball for a guy who is their best ever player to come over and be a sub. This would be one of the many stipulations that we will see happen next season.

5. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

6. teknokid

teknokid Member

Ming is going to miss training camp and pre-season action. I dont think he will have any time to memorize plays (written and explained in english), get used to his teammates, and adjust himself to play in NBA in such short time period.

He has talent and skill to take over starting job from Cato. But it takes more than talent and skill.

7. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

You know, it would actually be more dramatic for him to come in for Cato as a sub at first. "Now entering the game at center for your Houston Rockets - YAOOOOOOOOO MINNNNNGGGGGGG"

That would give him time to adjust to the NBA at first, create game time excitement, and he eventually would get "starter minutes" and then of course start. :cool:

8. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Come on, lee. You honestly didn't think that heypartner was a woman, did you?

Somehow, I can't help but think of this:

[​IMG]

9. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

I am one of those who thinks that Cato will still be starting at the beginning of the season for at least five games. And its not because of my handle either.(I was fooled too) I believe that because Yao will be in camp so late will be the deciding factor.

I believe that Yao should start and I still believe Cato will stay play an important part on this team and hope that the Rockets dont trade him. I still believe he is still a good serviceable center.

HeyP I will take you up on $20 donation to the tip jar. :)