1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How'd Griffin do today against Warriors?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Griffin41, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Griffin41

Griffin41 Member

Hopefully he didn't get called for 2 fouls in the first 30 seconds. [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------
    Are you a GHANDU?

2. Rockettebustier

The game didn't start till 9:00 clock so hold your horses...the Big E and his buds won't let us down tonight..he'll once again represent.

------------------

3. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Here we go again!!

Tonight I can see them winning and probably kicking some ass!!!!

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

4. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Agreed.

------------------
    Rarely is the question asked: Guns kill squirrels than REDRUM to fools across the nation?

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

5-16 shooting, 10 points, 13 rebounds.

------------------

6. DaneB

DaneB Member

is there any way that I can listen to any of these games through the radio or are there any live game stats?

------------------
    "I would like to live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were ever supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."
    -Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's mentioned in the Chronicle article about Griffin. No game details... just that he was 5-16 from the floor, 10 points, 13 boards.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/bk/bkn/967722

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

9. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

Good rebounding numbers, though you expect that against the Warriors. Still, I am pleased with his rebounding, this bodes well for the Rockets.

------------------
    It was the time of the preacher, in the year of '01
    Now the preachin' is over, and the lessons begun . . .

10. The Cat

Clutch,

Sorry about starting another thread with the article... didn't see it posted here before.

Also, on the summary part, did anyone else read that Cato isn't even playing in the league now? I'm not sure if it was there this morning, but it didn't seem like it was. Just like Kelvin... makes everyone think he might have a little potential and acts half-motivated, and he won't even play in any of the games...

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

11. silent j

silent j Member

Hey, another huge game by Langhi. Did we trade 3 first round picks for his backup? [​IMG]
    j

------------------
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

12. BahDakota

BahDakota Member

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/sports/bk/bkn/967722

In the above article it says this...

For now, Griffin is playing almost exclusively as a power forward, and he said it does not matter to him which forward position brings him playing time.

Maybe we traded 3 draft picks for Mo Taylor's backup or future replacement.

BahDakota

------------------
    How long do I have to endure this ?

13. The Cat

DaDakota,

Of course he will play almost exclusively power forward in the summer leagues-- I thought people would've figured that out before hand. 3 of the Rockets best players at the camp-- Langhi, Morris, and Griffin-- are all small forwards. However, since they are obviously the best the Rockets have to offer in this league, they will all be in the starting lineup and play major minutes. Knowing their body types and post games, which one of the three do you think will play the 4 spot? Griffin is much more of a 4 than Morris or Langhi, and thus you see him playing there...

------------------
    Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

The Mo Taylor Fan Site

14. BahDakota

BahDakota Member

TheCat,

I concur, I don't think you can make a judgement on where Griffin will play.

I think he is probably going to back up both the PF and SF spot this year.

He may even start a few, but I think he probably will come off the bench, at least for a while.

It is nice to see that Dan is getting a good look. Maybe Rudy will bench Walt and give Dan his spot. Langhi has a lot more upside then Walt, and at this point, I think the Rockets need to look for the future.

BahDakota

------------------
    How long do I have to endure this ?

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That was mentioned in a summary from yesterday -- it was there. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I'll tell you this, the older I get, the less I trust people. It's true. It's damn true." -- gr8-1 going through some growing pains.