1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howardless and Hardenless for Rockets vs Nets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Feb 26, 2015.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they have a couple of guys who can really score in brook and jj. even thad and dwill can have a big game.

even if we play good defense it will be a struggle to generate enough offense.

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Start the Band of Brothers. They will run us to victory against the woeful Nets. Starters without Harden are not really starters.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Nick, Capela and KJ! Play them all with Harden, Howard, Bev and likely both Dorsey & Pap as well.

Start the Band of Brothers with Terry and have Prigs run the "starters" off the bench.

Smoove
    D-Mo
    Brew
    Terry
    Ariza

2nd Unit:

Prigs
    TJ
    KJ
    Nick
    Capela

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No problem. With Prigz and this amount of talent (not beverly) should be able to overcome. On second thought, McHale might give prigz the canaan treatment.

5. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Would be cool to see Brewer and Smith combine for 50+ points. Still amazed the Rockets acquired them for so little.

6. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

This insurance talk belongs in the cyberx thread! :p

7. acefan18

acefan18 Member

I would actually like to see him rest a game, but the dude is such a tough competitor if they leave the decision up to him, he will most likely play. He deserves a couple games of rest, it is just impossible with the West the way it is. You lose a couple in a row and you drop like a rock. I'm still in awe that he continued to play after he rolled it so bad. We are incredibly blessed to have this guy putting on a Rockets jersey, and representing the city of Houston.

8. delta69er

delta69er Member

I don't think prigioni gets the Canaan treatment, I'm sure McHale had a hand in which point guard murreay traded for

9. mockster

mockster Member

Good the team needs a game without howard and harden to build some confidence and chemistry. It will put more work load on them and pressure. Save harden for cavs

10. cebu

cebu Member

This.

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

we'll still beat them. it'll be like two lottery teams going at it. dmo, jones and smith would be the top 2 options for those kind of teams. smith can still be a good 3rd on the right team anyway.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prigioni and Terry are both older. Hopefully they have enough in the tank to help the team. Harden and Bev are the best ball distributors on our team.

Scoring won't be as difficult as it would have been earlier in the season. Smith and D-Mo (if he can be fed in the post) can score if a play is run for them. Brewer's energy and ability to make things happen can make him a valuable weapon as well. Same goes for Jones. Jones could also be an option to have a play called for him in emergencies as long as it isn't on a regular basis.

It seems like it will still be an uphill battle, but at least not an impossible one.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You have made some good points, but Bev is probably the worst ball distributor on the team. Don't get me wrong, I like Bev's energy, defense and his shooting when it's on.

DM wouldn't have gone after Goran, if Bev was a very good ball distributor.

14. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Agree. If he doesn't rest that thing and let it heal he is going to limp into the post season and having a healthy Harden in the playoffs is far more important than anything else including home court.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying Bev is a good ball distributor, but he isn't the worst on the team. He's competent and can get buy doing it. As lacking as he might be, it's a job he's semi-used to performing.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

TJ-KJ-NJ? We need some more *J's for our bench.

17. rocketsmetalspd

That would be cool IF bench players would wear a headband

18. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

So whats the word on this? Harden out? Planning on purchasing tickets to the game Harden sitting will determine if I go or not.

19. MoonieMac10

MoonieMac10 Member

any news on D12's recovery?

20. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

I think yesterday mchale said on the radio harden will tape it up and play. Not positive though