1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard sucks vs thunder?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Mar 12, 2014.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Every thunder game howard usually has his worst performances. He also looks timid to even try to block Durant. Howard seemed fined against Lebron but Durant howard just backs off. I think howard is overestimating Durant. Think howard needs to realize he's stronger and needs to contest his shots mire when he drives. Idk I find it odd he can't even score vs okc either it's not like there c and pf are any better or any worse then what he has faced already. I pretty much blame all the losses on howard in okc because he's not getting his normal stats which makes a difference down the stretch.

2. Swag

Swag Member

lol he missed some shots short and some just went in and roll out. im sure he will get it together when its playoff time. plus we lost as a team so u shouldnt blame 1 person.

3. mockster

mockster Member

Litsen I know we lost as a team but howard has his worst games vs okc. His defense is terrible his offense is horrible and he won't contest durant

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You contest Durant in this league and you get called for a foul. Not a question if or when, it's 100% of the time.

5. TheJet

TheJet Member

Our fours weren't helping him out much. TJ was being left alone a bunch as OKC packed the paint when Howard had the ball. Their front court was keying on him and it worked. When we went small with Parsons at the PF it opened things up but by then Dwight had been effectively nullified. It would shock me to see us run small a LOT more in the playoffs if we match up with OKC.

6. TheJet

TheJet Member

Sorry, fixed.

7. Karolik

Karolik Member

He's been MIA in ALL three games so far...

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Durant is deceptively very strong. I think Howard needs to play against Durant the way he does against Aldridge when he goes inside.

9. SPBR

SPBR Member

The Thunder were as prepared to defend Dwight as Heat defended Linsanity Lin.

Big body on Howard with a blocker backing him up and constant harassment from the guards to knock the ball out of his hands.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

On a side note-

The Durant set rip through move is embarrassing to the game of basketball. I thought they took that move out of the game with the "Kevin Martin rule" a few years ago, but for some reason Durant is still allowed to get calls on this every damn time. Durant is a great, great, great player.... the league does not need to embarrass itself by giving him these calls every time he wants it.

11. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

They never got rid of it, they just made it not a shooting foul. (Unless in penalty.)

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Don't blame the 4s unless you're ready to agree with my $22mill value thread lol are you ? Signing Howard is suppose to put us over OKC & clippers, I'm not trippen yet tho, playoffs he can show his worth that's all I care about. I just really like asik for some reason tho, guys a hard worker you hard hat guy u know what you're getting from him every night

13. TheJet

TheJet Member

Did I put the blame on our PFs? No, I said they weren't helping Dwight out much. As in they could have made it a little easier on him. Dwight has to play better, clearly. I never denied that.

And signing Dwight wasn't about making us better vs. two or three teams. It was about making us better vs. everyone. How did we do vs. SA this year vs. last? How has DH played this season as a whole? Pretty damn well. Last night he was awful. It happens. I'll take him, salary and all, vs. what we'd be doing without him. Asik brings some nice things to the table but he doesn't command the attention DH does. And Asik still looks to be way out of playing shape. He's missing dunks and passes that even he used to make/catch.

14. rocketblood713

This is going to happen when things dont go Dwight Howards way if he aint having fun and having a good game he goes MIA

15. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think Ibaka athleticism gives him trouble.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ibaka is a defensive machine.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This. Ibaka as a help defender really messes up Dwight. To beat OKC in a series, Rockets need someone at the 4 position who can make Ibaka pay when he helps Adams or Perkins.

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

Exactly. Ibaka was cheating off TJ and D-Mo like mad and the Rockets did nothing to counter until Parsons moved to the four. By then it was pretty much too late for Dwight to get it going. I bet we see more of that lineup in the playoffs if we meet them again.

19. Maikeru

Maikeru Member

I totally second this. I think it is one of the ****iest moves in the league. You are not actually shooting nor are you trying to move laterally, just flailing your arms into the defender and getting a cheap foul call. Wonder who invented that move CP, Dirk or Wade?

20. dmoneybangbang

NBA be all about those match-ups.