1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard Chen Profile

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HI Mana, Nov 11, 2012.

1. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Chen seems like a decent enough guy. I don't think it's CHEN who's the problem. It's the ROLE in the first place.

To each his/her own, and if reading tweets during a game broadcast has mass appeal, so be it. But I just don't see the point in it.

No offense to Chen. I hope they find another role for him if they later determine that his current role is a waste.

2. kinein

kinein Member

uh oh.

3. kinein

kinein Member

Lets hope that the misogyny that is lurking on these forums won't rear its ugly head after I post some pictures of charismatic females in sports media!

[​IMG]

Heidi Watney
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ines Sainz
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jenn Sterger

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It really isn't that hard to do auditions for charismatic women that can hold the audiences attention with their speaking ability.

4. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

What happened to the Asian Ryan Seacrest thread?

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Barkley and Chen is hella combination.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Ho_Chen is a class act and a professional, I hope he retires a Rocket.

7. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

he looks like a tool lol guys should bombard him with trolling tweets complaining about why CSN hasnt come to an agreement

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's kinda silly how they have a guy who's job is to read his phone, but he's okay I guess..

9. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Yeah, I'm very aware of that, I read the profile. Howard being from Canada messed up my phrasing, really wanted to say other Taiwanese-American.

When in doubt,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bOR38552MJA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. GoRockets!

GoRockets! Member

Howard Chen looks like a nice person. You can tell he is very passionate about his work. The problem is he doesn't have the looks or charisma nor is he funny enough to do TV reporting. To make things worse, he doesn't seem to have expert knowledge on basketball either. There are some Asian guys are doing pretty well reporting sports, for example Cary Chow, Michael Kim, both from ESPN.

IMO, Howard Chen should just stick with behind the scene reporting or a newspaper/magazine reporting. If CSN really has to find an asian guy to read those stupid tweets, I would rather Kevin Jumba or Ryan Higa (Lin good friend). At least, both of them are funny.

11. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Fixed that for ya, Bima :grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

If they're determined to have an Asian reporter to capitalize on Linsanity though, it might be hard to find an Asian female reporter in Houston that can hold the audiences attention with their "speaking ability", like the lovely ladies you posted...

13. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Ho Chizzle?

SMH. Dude looks out of place a bit at games.

14. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

Ho doesn't like FanOnGessner

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I dont see the big deal.H makes some random comments and reads a few emails out. Why do people hate on this poor guy is beyond me

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Not quite. This is more like if the Rockets decided they wanted to add something to the game by having a member of the Launch Crew be a sixth player on the court during the game.

I doubt that dude would score or defend too well. And the inevitable technical fouls for having six players on the court would really detract from the team's overall effectiveness.

:p

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Nice. Thx.

18. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Agreed. No offense ... but the first impression of Ho Chen to me, as a Chinese, is bad. He looks ugly, awkward and nervous to me. But I hope he can keep doing some other things right. :)

19. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

These chicks have nothing on Ho.

20. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Lol... But but but... I'm Canadian... How dare you ;)