1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard & Casspi talk to the israeli press.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ben_from_TLV, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

1 person likes this.
  2. xAliceInChains

3. xAliceInChains

there was sarcasm in my post, my head hurts too bad to be sure if I expressed it properly.

4. delta69er

delta69er Member

Hope Dwight didn't call Omri the "Saudi Arabian Prince" again

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Howard: "If we win the championship and I we get funds to Israel."

Say what?

6. CarlosMencia

CarlosMencia Member

Yeah, lol.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hebrew looks like its actually upside down. I feel dizzy because my mind is trying to orient it in a different direction.

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Hahaha did he say that! Kinda of true he look like one

9. Oracle

Oracle Member

No, he said when we win the championship, I and Omri will come to Israel.

10. clutz

clutz Member

They said they would send arms to Israel?

11. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

It is a common mistake to say that hebrew is in the wrong direction RTL (Right to Left) while in fact any language that is written LTR (Left to Right) is the wrong one.

Why?
    In the past languges were RTL include english (or any other Latin).
    This all changed when the print came to the world, people noticed that when you write RTL you get color on your fingers so to avoid that they changed the direction.

1 person likes this.
  12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Most early languages were boustrophedon (egyptian and greek for example, changes with each line like a snake), latin and its derivatives are left to right because that's what ancient greek settled on.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Thats not what I meant. I can't read it to discern whether or not its right to left or left to right. the words just look upside down.

14. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

Here is a fact- Hebrew was a dead language until 100 years ago. Only few knew how to read the bible. none were talking it.

When Jews left Europe and settled back in Israel they decided to try and re-live this language.
    The today Hebrew is modern compare to the bible one.
    thx for listening

15. Oracle

Oracle Member

Not strictly BB, but interesting. I was really surprised, when visiting a museum (in a synagogue) in Prague, that Hebrew had been used to write books on mathematics and geometry 300-400 years ago. Somebody must have read them too??

Secondly, I think RTL was the comfortable direction to write as long as the writing was in carving to stone etc., utilizing both hands. For a right handed person the left arm would obstruct viewing of the text while writing.

16. Oracle

Oracle Member

Talking about BB, Casspi did not have a great game against the Cavs as I had hoped. He scored his average with 9pts and 3 rebounds, but he had many chances to go double digit. He obviously did not anticipate that Harden's great pass for alley oop, which was truly a pity. Casspi is always less sharp and more nervous in home games. He's afraid of the home audience. I hope he learns to handle it before the playoffs. Before they travel to Israel, he and Dwight can work on that.