1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Howard and Lin miss practice with sore backs 3/3/14

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Purvis2Short

Purvis2Short Member

LOL, now thats funny....

2. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Release the canaan
    I'm sure Dwight won't miss the game he is tough like Harden. And if he misses we have Asik to hold our defense. Maybe not our offense but we have other guys that can handle that

I don't know about Lin hope he is okay and maybe he needs a rest. Casspi needed one big time and came back last game with some nice shots. Maybe Lin needs a little breather and to relax or idk but he has look lost

3. SHARKLIN-SOUP

SHARKLIN-SOUP Member

Hope they get well. We need Lin to bolster the bench. I was hoping to play the Heat at full strength. It would be a good psychological win to beat the Heat.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

This makes more sense:

5. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Him ain't gonna be an impact anyway.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wonder if Lin has been playing with a sore back for a couple of weeks. There is just a big contrast between what he's been doing after the Allstar break vs. what he did immediately before it.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Fixed*

sorry but someone had to do it ;)

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I was thinking about this after the Detroit game. Never want a player to be injured, but if he has been playing hurt it makes feel better about his recent play. Much rather it be a physical thing than a mental thing. Just hope it's nothing serious.

9. jbasket

jbasket Member

Back problems are very tricky. I played through a back injury, thinking it would go away (like a bruise). Next thing I know, a year and a half later, still have a hurt back and a coach that pities me. Hopefully, Lin does not have the same situation happen to him as me.

10. Carl Herrera

We'll see what's really going on. Hard to diagnose physical or mental issues looking from the outside in.

So much of Lin's game depends on those drives that end in a cloud of dust in the paint (same goes with Harden) and Lin's been doing so less frequently during his "slump."

11. Carl Herrera

Hopefully the trainers and team doctors know their business with all of our players. Seems like they handled Parsons' back situation fairly well so far (btw, is there a team-wide back issue epidemic?).

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

brokeback mountain starring jeremy lin and dwight howard

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm beginning to think Morey wasn't kidding when he facetiously attributed back problems to the plane seats earlier in the season (at least I think that was Morey).

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I was going to mention this, but then remembered Lin already had back issues earlier this year, so it's creeping up again for him.

15. Mangina

Mangina Member

Time to sign Wang Zhi Zhi

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, indeed.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Day to day always sounds bad. Hope both get healthy quickly.

18. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

It's funny how quickly the meltdown actually began. Don't worry about it. The report was 'sore back'. It's no big deal. NBA players don't need to practice every day. Let them rest.

19. Fighton

Fighton Member

well, there was a video of him during the detroit game, riding an exercise bike near the tunnel in the middle of the game trying to stay warm, with a ice pack on his back. so yeah, he's hurt, and i'm sure it's bothering him quite a bit.

all these people playing psychologist on this board as if they sat with him and spoke to him for hours... smh. the simplest explanation is often the best one, and in this case, the reason for him slumping is his injuries.

yes, all players, at this point in the season, is playing through some injury. but not all injuries are the same, and historically, he doesn't play well when trying to play through injuries. see first 2-3 months last season, last playoff series, etc.

1 person likes this.
  20. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

It looks like they can't handle the Heat :cool: