1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel if Ron-Ron or another rocket pulled a Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bruce, Jun 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Respect the game, respect your teammates, respect your opponents, respect yourself.

LeBron still has some maturing to do. I'd be disappointed if a Rocket player did this. I couldn't imagine, say, Shane or Yao acting like this after a loss.

2. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Thanks for the love!

3. hasan08

hasan08 Member

Lebron just needed time..I think in the last two years he has matured a lot..so I can't hold it against him. I think its fair to give him time when he just busted his ass and played amazing when none of his teammates showed up..afterall he is human..he definatley has stuff to llearn but when it comes to sportsmanship and being a clean player...I think kobe has more to learn...this not shaking hand thing is just hypeed up....anything people will read will be hyped up.

Should he have shooken there hands...yes
    Because he did not..was that bad...no

So no big deal imho

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Actually now that I think about it, I wouldn't be mad at our guys if they refused to shake hands with the Lakers. The cheap shots didn't warrant good sportsmanship on our part. The post game interviews, however, there isnt really any excuse for.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why are you guys still focusing on the shake hand thing?

LeBron failed to fulfill his contract responsibility of talking to the media after a game AND HE IS NOT PUNISHED. <------- THAT is the story.

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For the people acting like what LBJ did was such a travesty and are appalled at his "poor sportsmanship" I got two words for you losers... DISNEY CHANNEL! Then again, even on the Disney Channel you got kiddy actors turned druggies, p*rn stars, and sluts. So much for our last TV bastion of morality. Ironically, I don't see any parents going "OMG DISNEY IS EVIL! I AM SO SHOCKED ABOUT IT." Some of you so called adults need to grow up and see the world for what it is. The NBA is out there for entertainment. It isn't your Little League where they are playing for fun. These guy's are almost always playing for one reason, the dollar signs.

7. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

that was a cute little rant, but what really bothered many people, me included (not to mention the post RIGHT BEFORE YOURS), was the perception that Lebron was getting special treatment by being able to skip the mandatory media session with no repercussions. But it has been announced that he is being fined $25,000, which is in line with what others have been fined for skipping.

so as far as i'm concerned, not that big a deal. he broke a rule, and he got punished just like everyone else.

would have been nice for him to show some sportsmanship (and to apologize himself instead of having Stern do it for him), but nobody's perfect. ultimately parents should bear the most responsibility for teaching their kids about sportsmanship. Lebron made a mistake here and now parents can point to the fact that he got punished.

8. dharocks

Personally, that's not even my issue with it. It just changes my perception of him as a player. I figured him to be classy and a good sport. No one's saying (or at least I'm not saying) that he has to be that way, but that's just how I perceived him. Until now.

9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

That is something that the NBA is responsible for. LBJ doesn't decide whether or not the NBA fines him and for how much. LBJ through a fit, big deal... get over it. If you want to blame anyone at this point in time, blame Stern.

10. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

which is what I was doing- I don't think anyone was suggesting that Lebron should have fined himself.

but, as I said in my post, since they announced they're fining him the same as everyone else, there's no issue.

yeah, I know what you mean.. I'm inherently skeptical of the images most public figures project, so it didn't surprise me too much- although I was a little disappointed.

11. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am just annoyed at the people going OMG he is such an evil person! Like they never did anything wrong in their lives. The problem with our society is that they are always looking at celebrities to be role models. If you want someone who is suppose to be a moral lighthouse look towards the representative of religion or something. Athletes, singers, and movie stars are entertainers. They are not there to teach kids to be better people. They are there to make us entertained.

12. dharocks

Who's saying he's an evil person?

He blew off the customary post-series handshakes with the opposing team and then blew off the media. It made him look immature and unprofessional, and that's what most people are calling him. Most of his peers don't do things like this, if they did this wouldn't be such a big story.

He's getting paid millions. Part of his obligations as a professional athlete is to deal with the media, whether he wants to or not. Most athletes would rather not talk to the media after a loss, but they do anyway because it's part of the job description.

13. TheDreamShake

TheDreamShake Member

I don't watch post game of the Rockets when they lose, so if they didn't talk I wouldn't care. Who cares what a player has to say after a loss.

14. #96in the #

#96in the # Member

well yes I would care if LeBron got sent to the rockets. Is Lebrons contact up after the season. Season ending of almost now. Lakers vs Magic

15. zforrest

zforrest Member

Horrible thread. Nobody should care anyway.

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Speak for yourself.

17. Houston22

Houston22 Member

I wouldn't mind him skipping media, If he wasn't the allsmile-nicest guy-first-at-the-mic when Cavs were ridding a wave..

Regarding shaking hands - his explanations afterwards were far more imature..