1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel if Ron-Ron or another rocket pulled a Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bruce, Jun 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Seriously, people needs to get their heads out of their hypocritical anuses. Like none of you whiners and detractors never did anything bad in the heat of the moment? He is an ATHLETE guys. He is not a saint nor do we call him Father James. The guy is there for the rest of the world to throw filthy money at to watch him run up the court and putting balls in hoops. We don't watch him to be a bastion of peace and morality. Some of you guys just need to STFU...

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I could care less. I have more problems with my kids watching player flop (cheat) intentionally.

3. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Cheating...poor sportsmanship...cheating...poor sportsmanship.......

And you can differentiate the two when it comes to your kids?

Indeed, times they are a changing.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Yes, one is immoral and the other is just being an ass.

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Stern should be more concerned about the atrocious officiating than whether or not LBJ throws a hissy fit.

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

These aren't little kids who we are still trying to instill with values.

I wish the Rockets wouldn't have shook hands w/ the Lakers after the countless cheap shots they took. Sportsmanship goes both ways.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's sad is how some so-called Houston Rockets fans throw their own players under the bus and worships some guy on another team that hasn't won a ring.

Oh, but he has won an MVP and made it to the 2nd round!!!

:rolleyes:

8. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Awwww come on. What LeBron did wasn't that bad. I mean it was bad but guys are blowing it out of proportion. How would you react if your team was number 1 seed in the eastern conference. Swept 2 teams just to get beat. Losing his hard to swallow. Everyone picked his team to win it all but now he has to watch the rest of the playoffs. What's going to hurt the most is having to watch those darn puppets lol.

9. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

Wow this board is filled with more classless people than I expected.

It is CUSTOMARY to congratulate your opponent no matter how dirty or cheated you feel. The Suns and classy Steve Nash have congratulated the dirtier-than-dirt Spurs every single time they got knocked out of the playoffs. The fact of the matter is when you violate the custom you are disrespecting your opponents.

It's horrible and egregious to disrespect your opponent because it shows a lack of respect for the game. When Isiah walked out on the Bulls that made them lose my respect. Jordan manned up after being beaten by the Pistons several times and shook hands with them but they don't bother reciprocating when the tables are turned? That's messed up.

LeBron needs a reality check. The sad thing is he's too talented and the NBA is so eager to satisfy his every whim that he will never understand.

10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Again... seriously, who gives a damn? Is he snubbing you? Does LBJ being ass cause you to lose sleep at night? Does his actions affect you? LBJ is an athlete in an entertainment industry. He is a role model, god, or religious activist. He is an athlete at thats the end of the story. Get over it people.

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

It's Lebron James...if his shoes are untied, ESPN will make sure it becomes a big deal

12. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I don't agree with that. You can call people on the other team floppers, dirty players and that's throwing them under the bus. Throwing your teammates under the bus by publicly calling them out and putting losses on them can divide locker rooms and disrupt chemistry..that is definately alot worse since it directly affects the player and the team he is playing on

13. jwayne

jwayne Member

You know, I give a flip. I dont have any kids yet but yeah, we learn it as a young kid playing in Little League sports. It is simply called sportsmanship. I think the League is going easy on LeBron because he is LeBron. David Stern is calling him in for a "chat". Give me a break... Ive heard of guys getting fined for this behavior on more than one occasion. I say make an example of him. The League fans AROUND THE WORLD wanted to hear from him. LeBron James, the NBA MVP got knocked out of the playoffs... Yes fans wanted to see his reaction and hear from him. JVG got fined $100,000 for being honest about the officials a couple years back... LeBron makes 10's of millions a year... drop a $250,000 fine on him. He wont miss it, the $250k that is, but it will sure put a stop to selfish behavior. Im all about the way Roger Goddell is governing the NFL, with tough love. Come on David Stern, get some guts and dont just pat LeBron on the butt and say... "dont do that..."

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I honestly don't give a flip about what's customary. I don't judge things right or wrong based on that.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

o crap, the guy didnt go to the post game interview. OMGOODD omg omgg, this is too obscene for my kids, TNT should have censored it. omg omg

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

It's a non-issue IMO, but the last time everyone went crazy about this issue is when the Bad Boys Pistons did it.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. This is AMAZING.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't go all Swoly on us...

19. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Great post - just gave you some Rep pts. ;)

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

are you sure about that? seriously what do you want to hear from him: "uhh we played a horrible game.. my teamates were crap...orlando played a great game.. theres always next year.." come on man, the series are over, the cavs are out, no one gives a flip about what he has to say. and so what he's the MVP, cant MVP's get knocked out of the playoffs? the last time i remembered MVP's in the last 5 years was eliminated for the playoffs.

seriously, i feel r****ded just posting on this thread.. someone close it