1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel if Ron-Ron or another rocket pulled a Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bruce, Jun 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lebron is a man, Isaiah and his entire team walked off, Larry Bird didn't shake hands...who cares?

DD

2. 1individual

1individual Member

He plays to win and money not for the sport. Who cares about him. Who cares if Lebron and Kobe die. hhh

3. DreamRoxCoogFan

the story here is that he wasn't fined ANYTHING for skipping interviews.

After skipping the postgame interview, Shaq was hit with a $10,000 fine and the heat as a team were fined $25,000 to make sure their players comply in the future immediately after losing game 2 of the nba finals.

4. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

the whole Lebron thing was blown out of pa portion by the media.
    You know the guy addressed his teammates after the game or sometime as well as Dwight if not most of the magic players. He just did not do it publicly. Media is just looking for a story right now because there is nothing else in the sports world to report on. I guess you took the bait.

5. Zfan

Zfan Member

It's nba, not lady volleyball. Who cares who and who shake hand or not.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

shouldn't people respect him more for this (for the reasons posted so far?).

it shows he actually cares deeply about losing and takes it personal (and that's how he has gotten better every year). this is not just a game to him.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does this reflect a poor level of maturity from LeBron, a lack of class and respect?

Sure it does. But the guy is 24.

it's a yawner.

8. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

if ron ron did it, then i wouldnt be surprised, and i wouldnt care.
    if another rocket did it, like battier, i would be surprised, but still wouldnt care.
    lebron did it, i was surprised, and still dont care.

its interesting lebron wasnt fined, but still, who cares. The magic dont care, and they were the victims of the so-called poor sportsmanship.

The media really cares, cuz they were also snubbed, but who the hell cares. anything lebron would have said after that game wouldnt have been interesting at all unless it was something like from half-baked where he points at his team's players and goes "**** you, **** you, **** you, you're cool, **** you, i'm out"

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A better question is, how would you feel if you kid did that?

Actually, not talking to the media and not getting fined is a bigger deal than not shaking hands. Shaking hands is a matter of opinion. Talking to the media is a matter or rule.

10. plee

plee Member

That was then, today it's PC to be a sportsman and to be respectful winning and losing. Whether it's a big thing on the professional level, I really don't think so. For kids, it needs to be there.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wow.. just cuz its lebron, we are talking about it in this thread. i dont know this for a fact, but i think theres been a hell a lot of cases where players just walk off without shaking hands.. seriously who gives a **** about these things, i dont know why the media is making such a big deal out of this, its his choice he has the right to be pissed off. why do the media scrutitinize every insignificant thing about lebron, whats next lebron parks in the handicap zone, lebron takes a **** in the bathroom, lebron's headband is tilted to the right instead of left..

12. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

To me its all the same as the excessive celebrating. The camera thing was just stupid. When we played the Cavs and they had beaten us, Lebron wouldn't even let the clock tick down and tried to score on Artest again. Why turn the hate on now as opposed to before. It is all bad sportsmanship.

13. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I think this is such a big story because of how Lebron basks in the limelight, and when it was time for the light to shine on someone else he was nowhere to be found. One of the main reasons I dislike the Cavs is their on the court antics that rivals that of a high school girls softball team or a youth basketball squad. With his powder in the air act, the constant videos of his miraculous full court shots, and the one I hate the most...their pre-game "family photo", this team seems like it's just one big production of a bunch of show offs. And what he said afterwards made him look even more immature.

Also, (correct me if I'm wrong): Is it not protocol for player's to do post-game interviews? If so, some sort of reprocussion should follow Lebron's act, but who am I kidding. I wouldn't be surprised if instead of fining him David Stern does the exact opposite and pays him a lump sum of money just cause Lebron is his baby

1 person likes this.
  14. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I'd be so pissed we lost the game I couldnt care less how said Rockets player reacted to their opponent.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Throwing the other team under the bus > throwing your teammates under the bus

16. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

how did this get to be such a big deal?

17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

i think id be embarrassed if a rocket pulled the same act.

i still believe sportsmanship is important in sports. i dont buy the 'oh im so fiercely competitive that it affects my behavior so its ok'.

however i wouldnt turn into espn hving a 4 hr discussion abt it n letting it ruin my day or anything. in the end, sports is just sports.

18. jwayne

jwayne Member

You know, we have all or at least most of us have done our fair share of T-Mac bashing but... I have to say, last season when we were ousted by the Utah Jazz in Game 7 at home, Tracy showed some manhood. He put on his suit, walked out to the podium and poured out every bit of emotion he had left. He had already said before the Playoffs started to Stephen A Smith that if the Rockets didnt advance, "it's on me". Watching that presser, he meant that. He was as emotional as I had ever seen him. He was mature, he stood tall, faced defeat and faceed the world afterward.

I think as far as LeBron goes, we have to remember something (and this is no excuse)... the dude may be somewhat immature still yet. He is 24 (i think) and I would venture to say that after sweeping through Rounds 1 & 2, he was pretty sure he would be on his way to LeBron v. Kobe Part 1... Did not happen. In fact the Magic embarassed them... He simply was immature about it. I dont care how competitive you are, you walk acropss court and shake the winners hand and say "good game/series", you walk to dressing room, shower, ponder the season, series and what went wrong, get dressed, walk up to the podium and represent yourself, the Cavs, the city of Cleveland and the NBA as the professional you are. I reitterate, LeBron was immature. If you are the MVP, you have to act like it. Be accountable... LeBron was not.

19. sbyang

sbyang Member

I'd get my panties in a bunch and whine.

20. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Who gives a crap?

Parents of kids playing sports, that's who.