1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel about trading for the Dragon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 1, 2014.

?

How would you feel about trading for the Dragon?

1. I would looove this move.

53.1%
  2. Totally unrealistic, as he's not leaving PHX

42.2%
  3. No, he isn't part of the answer.

4.7%
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A strange duality of late to say the least ...Let's add watershed (moment) to that also.

2. gregas

gregas Member

@Plowman

It's a lot to pay for a backcourt, but it's wort it. I don't think that's there's anyone better playing the off guard than Dragic - he was an All nba player for a reason - with the exception of Harden. If i get into financial difficulties, I trade Thomas.

On the second point, NOP were absolutely decimated by injuries last year. I think that it's extremely unlikely that their best players miss as much time as they did last year. Even if they do and last season repeats itself, they're wining 34 games and handing over the 10th pick. Not much to be excited about.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Still mad that the Rockets didn't extend him when they had a chance. I would love him back, but he isn't coming. The Suns love him.

4. Plowman

Supporting Member

I appreciate/respect you standing up, Zoplicone...but I've spent almost 20 years here and CometsWin has at least a decade and a half invested....no offense. This place has been home/a huge part of my life for a long time. I don't offer that wager lightly.

What I will do is make a small wager to the tipjar with you if you are agreeable.

Seeing as...."I'm only a poor, corrupt official.".......How does $50.00 sound?

And, to be clear about the bet....I say the Rockets will trade for Dragic, Rondo, Rubio, or Bledsoe by the deadline....with you saying that it won't happen.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

SIX MONTHS of wiggle room. ha

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You're talking about FOUR specific players. Four players that for a variety of reasons are the most likely of all the league's point guards to be traded. And you think that is some bold prediction? How stupid is that? LOL. Anyone that follows the NBA closely at all could make that prediction. So what? They could also look around the league and easily determine that the Rockets would be one of the teams interested in one of those trades. This is your big, bold prediction?

If you want to predict that LMA is going to be traded to Houston then that would be a bold prediction. Telling me that four players rumored about being traded for months are going to be traded within the next six months isn't a bold anything. Your powers of prediction leave a lot to be desired.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

I want either Bledsoe or Dragic. If we get either then I will match that tip jar contribution.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then why did Les let Morey trade him, if anything Lin is even more popular in Asia now.

9. calcium

calcium Member

From my unreliable memory, didn't Morey go for Lin only after dragic had walked when no player option was forthcoming.

10. Plowman

Supporting Member

Because we shifted from developing/no chance to win to having a potential window and attempting to win.

11. Plowman

Supporting Member

Good show D-rock ....Really excellent....Hopefully Z will take me up on it.

#71 Plowman, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Count my tip jarred!

13. Classic

Classic Member

Is this real life?

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lotsa water was shed, as well as so much else, at Woodstock.

15. Plowman

Supporting Member

Right on!

16. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

is there is an option for 'Yes, if we think this is as good as we can get by the trade deadline'

17. blueshampoo

blueshampoo Member

He averaged 11 points a game while he was here. Houston system just doesn't work with PGs unless we change up our offensive style and Harden stops being the primary ballhandler.

If we bring Dragic back, his average will drop down heavily once again.

18. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Haha. That was very respectfully said. No offense taken whatsoever. I really disliked you posting in that other thread but I appreciate you giving a respectful response there, definitely want you to keep posting.

Still say you're wrong though and will take you on that bet. The only one that might be a possibility would be Rondo but still say it won't happen.

19. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

He's a terrible fit for Harden. No frigging way two of them could coexist, and who the hell would play d in the backcourt?

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That's because he was Lowry's backup for 80% of the time...