1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel about trading for the Dragon?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 1, 2014.

?

How would you feel about trading for the Dragon?

1. I would looove this move.

53.1%
  2. Totally unrealistic, as he's not leaving PHX

42.2%
  3. No, he isn't part of the answer.

4.7%
  1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

What is this nonsense....

Of course everybody wants him....

Obviously Phx isn't gonna trade him....

and top it off with "one of these 3 bs..."

Dude, give it a rest already...

2. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Thats easy money since none of those players will be on the rockets this season :p

3. gregas

gregas Member

I think you don't understand the value of NOP pick. That pick is going to be somewhere between 12 and 14 IMO. You have the teams that were in the playoffs last year, they are all as strong or stronger than last year, so you can expect them to be better than NOP, than you have the group of the SUNS, Nuggets and Pelicans, that all got better, by different additions, maturing of their players and getting healthy.

Some of them might take an additional step and push one of the last year playoff teams into the lottery but the order ruffly stands. There's almost no chance that the Lakers, Sacramento, Utah or Minnesota will be better than any of the teams listed above. And it's almost a certainty that all of those three teams (Suns, NOP, Nuggets) will have better records than anybody in the lottery in the east. So that makes the pick somewhere between 12 and 14.

That pick has very little appeal to the suns. They'd be trading one of their cornerstones for a promise of a decent role player a couple years in the future. Besides that they don't need more youth that needs time to develop, they have a ton of young players waiting on the sidelines for a chance to show their talent - Len, Goodwin, TJ Warren, Ennis, Z. Dragic ... They can't handle any more. On top of that they have their own pick and a top 5 protected Lakers pick - a much more promising pick than the NOP one.

They don't need extra picks, on the contrary, they need to package some of those assets and start hunting for a major upgrade of their front-court, to match the formidable 1-2 punch of Bledsoe and Dragic. IMO, Rockets don't have anything they'd be willing to part with that would intrigue Phoenix, even if they'd be willing to let Dragic go.

4. MONON

MONON Member

My thoughts exactly! I really don't see that happening. But if it did, I would paaaartey all week! I'll go ahead & get the brew, but wait til it happens to get the party hats. :grin: Don't wanna look stupid in a party hat for nothin'.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

By a simple process of logic and deduction and not your super duper claimed insider status, it's incredibly obvious the Rockets would like to upgrade the point guard position. If you have a hole on your team it doesn't take an insider to believe maybe filling that hole is a priority, especially when the GM's MO is to accumulate assets to make large acquisitions. LOL at you naming FOUR different point guards they might trade for.

You've been claiming they were about to make a trade for a few months now. And? You think claiming they're going to make a trade for 8 months is going to mean something when they make that trade at the deadline? Seriously? Pfffft.

Hey, I'm going to predict the Rockets sign a free agent by the free agent deadline. Let's bet on that. If they do you don't post for a year. Deal?

1 person likes this.
  6. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Damn it!!!! February is not soooonnnn enough!!!

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

By the trade deadline? Seriously?

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. I was just leaving some wiggle room timewise on the proposition.

9. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

He wasn't gm when morris was traded?

10. gregas

gregas Member

No, he wasn't.

11. Do WHAT?

Do WHAT? Member

Now that is hilarious!! :grin:

This is a statement from an 'insider' who claimed a trade would occur within a 10 day period during the offseason. With that being said, I'll take your bet - just shorten the timeframe as I'm impatient. ;)

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

My sources confirm that the Rockets will make an upgrade at the PF position by the trade deadline.

$100 to the tip jar.

Any takers?

13. Plowman

Supporting Member

I'm talking about specific players(one of which,Dragic 1/2 the forum sees as ungettable) with a timeframe. Do you understand the odds involved here? I'm giving you major odds on the prop with regard to the actual content of the bet AND I'm giving not posting in the GARM forever against a year.
    Yet, you still lack the conviction to step up to the plate after taking a shot at me.
    And that's pretty much how things work around here. Folks talk a lot of trash but when it comes to backing it up.....accountability....all that comes back are hollow excuses.

And I've never claimed "insider" staus..That is a label affixed to me..or "fakeinsider" if you like...I've heard things for many years from a host of folks I know yet never posted about it, until this summer. Frankly, I regret it..BIG HASSLE.... but that's okay....At least I have a level of accountability and come from a place of truth.

#53 Plowman, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  14. Solaris

Solaris Member

You already said your stuff in the paging cyberex thread. Why do you feel the need to create 10 more threads talking about the same thing? At least take it to the random trade thread.

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I would guess the Suns signed Zoran as a way to keep Goran.

But who knows. Bledsoe, Thomas, Zoran, and Goran make no sense to me. Bledsoe can obviously play SG, but going that deep at PG makes me????

I voted not happening, but I would loooooove to have the Dragon back. Why did we let him walk in the first place?

16. gregas

gregas Member

Zoran is an SG exclusively, Goran is the one playing off the ball next to Bledsoe, but with Ennis and Thomas they're still overcrowded. They also have Godwin and Green playing the 2, so somebody will probably get traded during the year. But Goran and Bledsoe are the least likely to go of the bunch.

17. Plowman

Supporting Member

The player option was the excuse given for general consumption, but the real reason was....Les...and his insatiable greed..wanting to get Jeremy Lin and further his business interests in the Far East.

18. Plowman

Supporting Member

You truly believe the Suns are going to shell out elite PG money to both, along with 7 million a year to Thomas, taking up precious capspace that needs to be used on the frontline? The acquisition of a quality 2 guard instead of Bledsoe or Dragic will cost them much less and allow money spent where it needs to go....plus there is the windfall from trading one of them.

19. Plowman

Supporting Member

First off, picks are the currency of the NBA...precious commodities used to get what's needed.

With regard to the value of the NOP....

Even healthy, the Pelicans are a BIG stretch to make the playoffs in the brutal West.
    That said, chances are this team doesn't come close to staying healthy given their history...and current status.

This pick could be 9-10, but it could also easily be in the 4-7 range.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah. I'm surprised people don't see the 4 spot as the spot we need to upgrade most. It's clearly our weakness.

Anyway, I'd take that bet plowman. No way any of those 4 are rockets during this season.