1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How would you feel about trading for Rondo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Oct 1, 2014.

?

How would you feel about trading for Rondo?

1. Hell yes, if the price is reasonable.

78.9%
  2. Absolutley not, it wouldn't work.

21.1%
  1. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

In the playoffs rondo raises his game...that's all I care about really..listen to me Rubio sucks!!..it's the truth and it will never change. I'm sorry it's just the way things are.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The poll is kind of meaningless. Of course you want something "if the price is reasonable." Without stating the price, how am I supposed to decide whether I want it or not?

Anyway, I never really want to have Rondo. I think his health is a huge concern. It's not just a recent thing. It has been a problem in the past few years. And his attitude is also a big risk. I am very wary of an injury-prone star player with an attitude. We've got burned. A lot of other teams got burned.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The way things are? When's the last time Rondo was even in the playoffs? 4 years ago?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

when was the last time rubio was in the playoffs? oh wait...

5. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

I'm a Rondo fan, and I'd still like to see him on this team. I think he is a better fit than Rubio because he can shoot midrange shots and finish in the lane. Neither are obviously good shooters from long distance.

Rondo is a playoff proven floor general that will help reduce turnovers and get the team good shots when they need them. He's tough and competitive and doesn't back down. He has all the intangibles that this team needs.

I know people like to discuss how his personality does't match up with Harden/Howard, but in my book that's a good thing. We aren't putting together a social club and you need a few Mad Max's and Junk Yard Dogs on your team when putting together a true title contender.

Don't get me wrong. I'd happily take Rubio for the right price, but I have more questions about how that will work on the court than with Rondo.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rubio is younger and you don't have balls to say,Rondo has led any Celtics team to the playoffs.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

doesn't matter if rubio is younger..the point is rubio is no where near in the class rondo is especially pre injury.

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I would go to war with Rondo all day when the cards are on the table, he's proven.

9. alethios

alethios Member

I'm not sure we want him anyway - dude can't even stay standing in a shower.

Humor aside, he's not the same Rondo that excelled in the 2008 Celtics team. We'd be better off getting a decent PF that plays consistently hard.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

im not even a big rondo fan. but i respect what his game has to offer. through all the criticism in his game he's shown to be huge difference maker on both ends of the floor.

11. wise_man

wise_man Member

Capella, montejunas or papa, and a second rounder.:

12. wise_man

wise_man Member

I totally agree with u on Troy Daniels.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

15. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

He's clearly on his way out in Boston and it's a contract year. If it's only Cannen, DMo, filler, 2nd rounders, TEabsolutely. We're instantly back into contention for the division. But I only see him as a rental. Do not want long term,

16. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Not Papa. DMo. He's just not going to be the consistent stretch 4 we had hoped for.

17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Rondo is already going to miss training camp, preseason + 1 month of the regular season. He's had very few healthy games in years. Why is this even a topic? I guess those who think this is a good idea think we should go after Greg Oden too?

18. MONON

MONON Member

You're right. Pre injury, it's no contest. Rondo's the man. However this is post injury and I'd go with Rubio.

19. kingdragon22

kingdragon22 Member

Agreed 100%.

A proven 3 star like rondo is what s team need desperately.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

based on what? even post injury Rondo is still better and its not even close.