1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will Zhou Qi be viewed by the end of the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Oct 1, 2017.

?

How will you view Zhou after his rookie season

Poll closed May 1, 2018.
  1. Star potential

8.7%
  2. Starter potential

18.8%
  3. Quality bench player

44.0%
  4. Zhou sucks

20.7%
  5. Traded

7.9%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How about you show posts previous and next to indicate when I bumped this thread

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Come on man, just give it a rest. Could Dennis Rodman shoot?

3. chinese

chinese Member

I want to say Qi sucks so far, he looks like a second round material and doesn’t deserve a spot in the team, at least for this year.
    There is nothing wrong for Qi, I didn’t see Capela do any better first year, you can argue Capela had better number but you forget those moment he couldn’t catch the pass and made a free throw.
    The problem is everyone is hoping more than a second rounder in Qi, Rockets like him to be a more visible marketing tool in him.Chinese fan hoping another Yao. Rockets fans want to a bigger topic to talk about. Qi is just not good enough to backup all these, at least this year.
    So why can’t we relax and realize :
    1:Qi is fun to watch, bad or good, we want to see him play in GABAGE time.
    2:It doesn’t make any different to replace him with ,say, Josh Smith at the very last spot of the bench.
    3: he is not bad for a second rounder and give team a block or two in limited minute.
    4: he is not ready for serious Nba game and probably will be sent to d league again.
    5: let us give him some time to develop and less criticism, how many second rounder can play nba game their first year?
    6: Qi is just a foreign player, he isn’t fit to carry your national pride, so leave him alone.
    7: Qi has potential to be better and earn himself a spot someday.
    8: Rockets knows all about him, and still draft him and give Qi two three minute on the court, and it is still a smart move overall.

felixng2012, roslolian, Vivi and 8 others like this.
  4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

A '99er speaks...

D-rock, lionaire and RudyTBag like this.
  5. VanityHalfBlack

I love fun so much. See? It can be fun. Screw it I'm voting Qi 2020. I'm sorry @Jontro

Jontro likes this.
  6. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes he could

7. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I see him as an Asik V2.

not very good with his hands, not the best on offense at all, but throw him in the paint for defensive purposes to make teams think twice before driving on him. The kid has good defensive presence. I see potential defensively. Just definitely isn't anywhere near the second coming of Yao

payaso likes this.
  8. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

9. tinman

Supporting Member

I just destroyed everything you know with a post by another pure Rockets fan

10. payaso

payaso Member

Please don't flame me as an ersatz racist but...
    Man, I have never heard, and would never expect, chinos to engage in such prime, delicious trash talk about one of their own. FTW!!!!

Sidarma likes this.
  11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It is true. Qi adds greatly to the fun of watching garbage time.

12. riko

riko Member

Asik cant shoot from anywhere on the floor. Has terrible handles and is a aweful free throw shooter. This guy can do all of those things well including hitting the three ball. His problem is he is way to skinny right now.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

can the rockets make one too for when he goes back to the d league?

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol haters should remember Clint Capela and even freaking Robert Covington. It takes time for big men to mature judging him on his rookie year is just dumb. Saying he doesn't deserve a spot on the team is even more dumb. Do you realize the Rockets are the 4rth oldest team in the league? And do you realize MDA only plays 8 guys with significant mins a game?players like Joe are exactly what the Rox need right now. We need to keep investing in young players otherwise we will be like the Mavs and realize their team is full of old guys and they need to tear it all down.

15. steveng125

steveng125 Member

A got dang monster

16. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

He'll be viewed sporadically.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Zhou's foot speed should get better in the G league. He can catch up in speed with Ryan Anderson within a year, if he puts in maximum effort. I was impressed with his dunk against the Jazz, I don't think Ryan Anderson could ever pull that off. We all want Zhou to start contributing quickly, but we have to be patient.

dmoneybangbang and Houtho like this.
  18. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

The man can average 3-5 blocks a game and grab 15 rebounds a game or at least a tap out he can extend posessions. Who cares about not shooting well. He may be serviceable late in the season.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Really average 5 blocks and 15 boards in a season?

$100 tip jar bet. Put your money where your delusion is

saleem and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. txn

txn Member

Did not make any 3 Pts. But definitely see some improvements. The blocks are pretty impressive. Hopefully, we can see more of these improvements. However, this is G League :)