1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will the Rockets address the need for a Playmaker moving forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IronTexan93, Jun 25, 2015.

?

How will the Rockets address the need for a Playmaker at PG?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2015.
  1. Via Trade-Guys like Ty Lawson(Unlikely Now), Ricky Rubio, Kyle Lowry, etc.

44 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Via Free Agent Signing-Guys like Sergio Llull, Brandon Knight, etc.

77 vote(s)
    54.6%
  3. The Rockets might not even address this

20 vote(s)
    14.2%
  1. Madclownpacasum

Sign beverley 1st. He is loyal to the team and llul dosent want to be here we dont need someone like that

2. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

If Llull does not want to be here he won't come over from Spain.

3. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Considering Boston now has a glut of guards, I wonder if Isaiah Thomas may be available. Could be a nice fit next to Harden. Boston probably wants to clear some cap room to bring in Love. So they could take Kostas and TJones (maybe a future 2nd).

4. Airdough

Airdough Member

Versus a playmaker, can't we just actually acquire people that can shoot the basketball?

5. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

A Spanish native with a family to uproot is considering his options, wouldn't say he doesn't want to be here. he had European aspirations and has achieved some goals there, he now has an attractive NBA offer

6. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

they have a lot of athletic defense minded guards and thomas still provides a scoring punch for them.

7. basketballholic

Doubt it. We undoubtedly have some die hards who will tell you he's only 23 years old and oozing potential and last season was an aberration because of injury. They'll also laugh when you tell them there's a decent chance Terrence isn't even in the league in 5 years.

8. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I'd rather go after Avery Bradley. Defensive minded PG with a very decent jumpshot. Thomas is one dimensional and pure offensive minded.

9. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I'm hoping they can sign 2 of these 3 players

Sergio llull
    Jeremy Lin
    John Jenkins

10. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

1.See what Bevs is offered, sign for the right money
    2.See what it takes to get Lawson, Lowery probably not
    3.See how the money works for Lull,depends on Brewer's offer and what Smith needs
    4.Look on the market for player/deal you can make and afford

and oh yeah, pursue LMA and Love

don't plan a long vacation Mr. Murrey

11. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Yea, but there is the old term of ***** or get off the pot. so there is that.

12. hakeemthagreat

If we lose Brewer & Smith our contending hopes are over. I'd hope we keep the 2 guys that are responsible for our playoff success

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Last I checked Papa was a hell of a playmaker. Very crafty and made some awesome passes that set up easy buckets before he got injured. Don't know what happened after the injury but thought with his toughness, high IQ and vision he could have become a point forward for us. We need that right now more than ever.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So basically the Rockets need the following:

1) Good playmaker
    2) Another Defensive enforcer in the mold of Dray Green or Iguodala who can also shoot the 3 above average
    3) Consistent PF production

4) Shooters and Slashers

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Shot was so broken he couldn't hit water in the middle of the ocean.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Llull better come over or else things dont look so well. When will the cyber thread reopen? We need cyberbombs.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I think it's shortsighted to assume we're trying to address our lack of a playmaker by specifically targeting a point guard. Morey tried to add Carmelo Anthony to this roster less than a year ago. And preferred signing Bosh and letting Parsons take pressure of Harden as opposed to signing Lowry.

We need someone that can create for themselves AND others. Simple as that. Doesn't have to be from the point guard position.

It makes sense to bring up the names of point guards but don't be surprised if we go to war with another role player at PG. Even Lull might wind up just filling a role, especially being a rookie.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It was a great draft. Now we see what happens at the PG spot. Morey knows he can't ignore it anymore.

I'm just gonna think it's gonna be Llull and Patrick Beverly, with a re-signed Jet as emergency backup.

19. AnHero

AnHero Member

I mean we just got to the WCF and he basically did nothing for us at all. He didn't defend any position particularly well. He made one big shot. I just don't think a lot of us see him getting any better.

D-Mo is clearly a more rounded option and can finish and shoot better.

This is no hate on T-Jones. He was one of my favorite players since we drafted him. I had high hopes he would be a Rocket forever.

Same with K-Pap. Love the guy but just no room especially with who we just drafted.

20. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I like Lawson but his attitude bothers me. He seems like another one of those Club rats / fame loving players.