1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How will Lawson's play be effected by Harden and Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Jul 20, 2015.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

In the short term, it will be important to see how he does with rehab. How much is alcoholism and DUI's a problem for him? Will he be suspended any games? Will it affect his game? Will he seek out help from John Lucas and others that could help him to overcome it.

In the intermediate term, it will be intriguing to see how McHale will handle his new riches at PG. Lawson the offensive player, Beverley the defensive player. I love the combo. Which player will start? I could honestly see Bev starting but Lawson getting starter's minutes. How will McHale handle the rotations? How will Lawson and Harden, both used to having the ball in their hands, deal with having another ball dominant player in the backcourt?

In the long term, optimistically hoping that everything works out, it will be awesome to see how far this team can go. Lawson (combined with a healthy return of D-Mo and Beverley) make this team much, much better and deeper than last year's team, which was the second best team in the loaded Western Conference. There are some unknowns about this deal, but there are unknowns about every team during every off season. But, hoping for the best, this team is talented and deep enough at every position to go all the way next year.

2. hakeemthagreat

Easy. Harden will have to play off the
    ball more. He did it in OKC. If WB & Durant can do it we can. NOBODY dominates the ball more than WB

3. mercy road

mercy road Member

Lawson's stats will certainly go down significantly if Harden remains healthy. No player in the NBA generates more points with the ball in his hands than Harden. Lawson in all probability will not be the primary play maker in Houston.

That being said I do not expect Lawson to be lower than the third highest usage player on the Rockets next season. And third only because I see Morey going to the D-Mo post up. I certainly could be wrong about that because there may be a better chance that D-Mo becomes a spot up three point shooter with two drive and dish players on the floor.

I think the real question is the playing time allocation between Bev and Lawson. Who starts next to Harden? My guess is Bev, splitting minutes almost equally with Lawson. But to be honest I have no idea. We will see. But I am optimistic.

4. mercy road

mercy road Member

I wish I had written that post. Excellent, just excellent.

5. dmoneybangbang

48 minutes of elite passing/playmaking meaning staggering minutes between Lawson/Harden.

6. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Exactly...:grin::grin:

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I expect 16/8 from Lawson with increased efficiency. This team has too many finishers for Lawson to not rack up near double digit assists. I also expect him to have stretches of actual good defense on the ball. Bev will wear off on him when it comes to defensive intensity.

Get ready for a steady dose of Tytrick Bevson.