1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How we beat the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Barca

Barca New Member

Two words, Face Guard! :grin:

[​IMG]

2. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

Sounds something more like what Pepper Brooks would say... "Right, Cotton, when they hit you with the ball in dodgeball, you're out."

3. BoneYardDog

BoneYardDog Contributing Member

Reggie Miller for one.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Knock Curry's b**** ass to the ground early and often. That's my in depth plan.

5. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yes, haha. IT WAS THE NUGGETSOMG. I'd actually be ok if I lose my money tonight, long season. Best case scenario is we play really well, down to the wire and lose. That would be a win win.

6. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

That was way too long for me to read. ALL we have to do to beat the Warriors is let Curry get his but don't let theb rest of the squad beat you. We lost 8 times to them last year because Curry was Curry and we let the rest.of their team score way too easily.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Maybe we don't beat them. Maybe they are better right now and more prepared

I also put money on the warriors. That spread was ridiculous this morning. Did the bookies not watch the season openers and all of last season?

I ain't no hater. I love my Rockets. But that spread is easy money.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Mind you Bogut is out and Dwight is back

9. maw7079

maw7079 Member

10. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

We can beat the Warriors by scoring more points than them!

On a real note your points are spot on except it goes against the fundamentals of basketball defense right? If teams have exceptional two 2 way back court players the Warriors can struggle against them, in our case with the current Rockets team you have two exceptional OFFENSIVE players with about average defense. In my perspective you need to get the ball out of Curry's hands first and foremost.

In order to win against the Warriors, a team needs to be able to run Steph Curry off the 3 point line as well as have a good secondary (healthy Dwight Howard/Dmo/Jones can solve this problem) to defend the paint once Curry beats his man. Then you have to worry about Thompson, you don't want him to get hot on the 3pt line either..

11. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

If the Warriors didn't show up maybe we could've won.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Disappointing to see that McHale didn't try one the things I posted. It was a slow and frustratingly grinding loss.

13. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

lol curry's style of play is perfect for the no handcheck era, no way he would last in the 90's

14. OTMax

OTMax Member

We cannot beat them even when fully healthy. Face it, they own us. Curry has every right to talk trash about us now.

15. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Any other investment advice?

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Sucks to admit it but the gsw are in a wholenother level. I hate them and I hate draymind and curry . god I wish we could take them out so bad but we are just not ready and we might not ever be with McHale as coach. It's not that curry is better than harden, its about them as a team. There is an reason why curry was just known as a shooter his first few years and now all of a sudden he's like an NBA god even though his stats are the same.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

They own every team in the league. They proved last year that they were the best in the regular season and the post season. At least the Rockets have players like Harrell and Capela that could possibly develop into something that may make us into a better team. Also we don't really know how much we will improve by the end of the year. The tandem of Harden and Lawson isn't working yet, but it may improve over time. We also have hope that DMo could improve the team. The Warriors are clearly head and shoulders above the Rockets at this point. But I'm not going to give up on the team just yet.

If I remember correctly, the Cavs looked bad early last season, but then improved as the season went on.

18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Warriors aren't that good. It's more about us playing terribly than them playing good. I'm more concerned about Westbrook and Durant. All roads to the ring go through those two, imo.