1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How we beat the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Oct 29, 2015.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wish we had a PG that could post up. I would post up Curry 10 times a game. Even if that guard doesn't get the ball, the fight for the post would wear him down to some degree. Fighting for that post wears down arms, backs, legs. It's a weapon.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

OP, i think you're giving McHale too much credit. He isnt going to do any of these things you listed.

1 person likes this.
  3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Lawson is gonna get totally destroyed trying to chase Curry around screens, Bev is our best shot at defending him mostly due to effort.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hahaha.

McHale doesn't even know there's a game in less than 24 hours.

5. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We better play some defense and hope the Warriors doesn't catch on fire.

The Warriors loves to feast on the miss matches. They're pick and roll all over the place, especially when t hey're freeing up that deadly sniper. Some how some way our guards need to fight over those picks or the bigs need to hinge and hurry up and get back on their man. We can't switch everything when playing this team who is very unselfish and move the ball exceptional well.

Our bench needs to match their bench production.

Simple right.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

you sure do a whole lot of complaining when it comes to the rockets

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

You can call it complaining, like you can call the premise of this entire thread. Or you can take the alternate route and call it being realistic and realize that despite how much I like the rockets, they aren't anywhere near the caliber of team to win the championship yet and must improve .

and things like ball movement, more motion on offense, and more effort on defense will help us get there. You didn't just see it last game, you saw it the entire "pointless" preseason.

Did you see how Lawson was running around screens vs the Nuggets? Now imagine him being slow while facing Curry who can launch a shot in under a second?

The spread for tonight is GS -1.5 when we're at home. My money is actually already on the Warriors.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

now I know where all the complaining came from. You likely took Hou on opening night and loss lol. why you even brought up the spread tells me all i need to know. Every game is different every night. good luck on that but obviously most of us hope houston wins and you might just be on the wrong side tonight

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

How we beat the Warriors

[​IMG]

10. ibm

ibm Member

^^^

damn that was dangerous. curry was trying to break his neck using his butt. shouldve been a flagrant.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

flagrant because curry decides to jump over ariza ok:rolleyes:

12. clutz

clutz Member

Agreed. Should've been flagrant on Curry. That is not a basketball play.

13. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Lock them in their hotel rooms so they'll have to forfeit the game.

14. HookemHorns1250

Obviously Golden State is an extremely talented team. Not taking anything away from that.

However, I don't think there's enough alcohol in the state to play a drinking game by taking a shot for every moving screen set by them. I have never in my life seen so many blatant moving screens Not called. Curry will get his points tonight, people will make knee jerk reactions that Beverley is not who he used to be, but there's absolutely nothing Curry's defender can do against an illegal screen.

15. Handles

Handles Member

I hope you lose your money. I'll be rooting and cheering for it, actually.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Whoever takes Houston tonight will win big money.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

War Ehors. Not scared.

[​IMG]

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Spoken just like Clyde. In the Nuggets game he said, "The thing is, when your in a cold streak, you don't make a lot of shots."

Thanks for the insight, Clyde.

19. verysimplejason

Harden should just let Ty handle the ball. It'll force Curry to defend. They key to the game is to wear him out. There's no way to stop those screens since the defending bigs are too lazy to switch properly.

20. alethios

alethios Member