1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How we beat the Warriors.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't know if you can call him the best pure shooter. He seems to miss a lot of set open jumpers (he does).

What the guy does well is being able to pull up for the 3 ball with hands in his face... but that's different from being a pure shooter.

2. rockets13champs

Harden just needs to focus on ball he got too much going on offthe court

3. Fantasma Negro

Reggie Miller is the greatest shooter of all time, then Bird, then Ray Allen then Dirk. Curry hasn't been in the league long enough to get that. This microwave generation is so quick to put crowns on ppl that relevant history is consistently disregarded

4. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Apologies to all of the above except Reggie Miller, I haven't seen anyone shoot from behind the 3 point line like Chef Curry. Give the dude credit, every time he shoots we think it's going in.

5. chandlerbang21

GSW wins by 25 if houston cant hit the 3ball.

6. chandlerbang21

I can tell you dont keep up with bball much , Even the NBA greats and anaylist are saying Curry maybe the greatest shooter of all time.

7. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Well, then good luck.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Carmelo or Durant?

9. dream2franchise

I think you almost need to try a different defensive stance against Curry. Post-up style, one hand up all the time.

Pick him up at full court and just get that ball out of his hands. Pressure, pressure and more pressure. Let Klay attempt to initiate since his off-the-dribble attack is weak and he can cough the ball up under pressure.

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden needs to stop bricking and lazy defense.

11. conquistador#11

it's as easy as outscoring them, bill.

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Double Curry on screen n rolls.

13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Stopping curry is quite simple , but also has a uncertain cost . If you get up in his face and are exceptionally physical it will stop him . Throw him around a bit , with intent to do damage, not injure him . The problem is that he a golden boy and you might get called for flagrant or suspended . Curry won't be stopped this year in the regular season , unless he is up against guys that are fearless and have nothing to lose . In the playoffs however if he faces teams that are healthy and can actually use two point guards then will be much more physical with him than last year .

14. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Bogut is out with concussion.

15. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think if the Rockets can just score 1 more point than them they can pull out the win.

16. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Guys curry took 8 threes a game last year and made almost 45% of them. He's amazing. Give credit where credit is due. If he's not the best all time, he's amongst them. He's certainly the best there is in the game today. He doesn't only shoot either. He runs the best offense in the NBA, and is an above average defensive player.

Here is what worries me about this game, not the Warriors Offense, but their DEFENSE. Did you guys see what Green did to Anthony Davis last game? Green was a +20, Davis shot 4-20 with 5 turnovers.... good luck to any and all of our bigs, including Dwight.

It's too bad we play them so early in the season as it's pretty obvious our offense is totally dysfunctional right now. Passes constantly off target even to open shooters, lots of standing around...etc.

We have a chance to win this game if Harden scores 35-40 points, if not we lose. It's pretty simple.

17. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

I'm scared our offense is going to be prone to stagnation once again, and if so, the croaching staff has gotta gooo

Also, what the hell did Thornton do to get inside Mchale's doghouse?

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Thanks for admitting the truth about Curry.

I'm not sure if you watched the game, but Davis was beyond atrocious. He jacked up contested shot after contested shot. It was like he was channeling his inner Kobe. All he did was settle for horrible mid range jumpers that were well contested by Green (I give him credit for that). And then, on the occasions he did take it inside, he was either fouled or got the bucket. He really just defeated himself.

19. dream2franchise

Curry's play defies convention. Where any other player wouldn't pull up, Steph will and he can set his feet so quickly it's very impressive.

He's the definition of a green light in basketball and it feeds his confidence with every made three.

He needs to be defended like he's thinking of shooting from any where at any time. I think length and physicality can bother him and some high levels of alert in the passing lanes to disrupt their flow.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Woo! Yeah! Live in the past! Opening game. Never Forget.