1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to tell when harden is about to brick a 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Nov 30, 2015.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmao Harden is pulling the 2k my career stat stuffing hack.

Run the clock down, force teamates to take last second jumpers to ensure you get assist with minimal effort.

2. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Just as an example, look at his first game with the Rockets. He was noticeably quicker, more decisive, more inclined to play downhill, and more willing to move the ball to teammates early in the offense. You don't see him pounding the ball into the ground, going into iso mode on the perimeter, or barreling haphazardly into the lane hoping the refs will bail him out. Not sure why he's devolved into such a ball stopper.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NUJObmuBgxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#42 ClutchCityReturns, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Coaches let him get away with it for so long. He was balling last year so no one said anything.

Now he is not playing as well and it has magnified how big of an issue it is.

Never ignore in victory what you wouldn't in defeat. Someone on the staff last year should have recognized that and tried to not let that become a habit. Harden playing in the NBA like he does in the Drew League.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

man, we had decent spacing once upon a time

5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

How to tell when harden is about to brick a 3 ...

He raises up to shoot it.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

He did the 8 second thing all the time last year as well. It's just amplified now because we suck.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that was such a fun team to watch.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Maybe it happened last year too but there's no way it happened more often than it does now. To boot, this year he's just a dribble clanger. Last year if he was slow up the court it was because he was bringing an avalanche with him to the rack. Something has changed with James' mindset and this is what gave it away to me.

Yeah. Wow. Where is James Harden bobbing and weaving to the rack? Explosive athleticism? Knock down 3 pt shooter? I hate to pile on Harden but this is his team and right now, I think it's his problem and it starts with the little things like running up the court to set up your teammates for success.

you echoed what i responded to earlier in the post, just quoted because i think i remember you from texanstalk from back in the day. timekiller! remember me?! i think we also played some COD together too