1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to tell someone to leave you alone in a polite and effective manner?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hotballa, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

basically what DD said.

Be as polite as you can . . .and accept the consequences

I mean . .the person is not looking you in the eye . . .i suspect they no longer
    talking to you either. . .so you got your wish

Rocket River

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

So how about that street cleaning though?

3. SuraGotMadHops

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I had a corworker who decided that he and I were best friends within a few days of me starting there. Dude would not leave me alone. He would even call me on off-hours to talk like some teenage girl and kept suggesting we needed to hang out on weekends. I don't even hang out with the people I actually like.

About a month later he no-called no-showed for 2 days in a row and got canned. Best day ever.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Just start talking about how much you admire Donald Trump and what he's doing. If he's not a fan of Trump, you'll most likely make him uncomfortable.

If he is a fan of Trump, you can just keep getting more and more ridiculous and see if he goes along. At least that way it will be entertaining.

7. Granville

Granville Member

Tell him you are besties with DD. He will run guaranteed.

8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Take that to D&D.

Oh hey, wait a minute. It worked!!

9. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

If I want to be left alone, I usually play rap music on my speakerphone and rap along in public. Usually on the subway or grocery store. No one messes with me when I'm reciting Weezy or Lil Dicky.

10. underoverup

underoverup Member

Plug headphones into your cell and your problem is solved! :cool:

11. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I'm surprised nobody said pull out your cell phone and have a fake convo, or play a video on low and act like it's a call.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Ironically this is exactly what I was doing. my head is locked onto the screen, I'm chewing my food, and they still think its good time for small talk?!? :mad:

ever just wanna yell at them? I felt the rage building just reading your post. That window thing has happened to me before too. There are certain people who just keep talking even after I say "ok I will see you later then". Its like WTF man, so wraped up in their own world they dont even hear you

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come give your Ddaddy a big hug.

;)

DD

1 person likes this.
  14. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Yea man. Its so annoying. If I were ever telling someone a story and they turned the opposite way, got into their car, STARTED THEIR CAR, then noticed them roll their window down, I would not walk 5 feet around to their drivers side window to keep talking. My logical brain would say "Hey, that guy looks like he does not give a flying FK about my story and obviously wants to go home after a 12 hour work day".

It has gotten to the point where I have to immediately tell him that I am late for something and even sometimes act like I am getting a call on my cell.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Say nothing and start masticating in front of him.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Fake phone call. Call your home phone or something that answers automatically. Keep headphones on you for this trick. Call into a group meeting. Calmly say, "FirstName is here. If anyone asks a question give me a second to take my connection off of mute."

Or be normal, unconniving, and listen because it might be an opportunity to learn something. Not everyone is annoying when you direct a conversation with questions that interest you.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What street were they going to clean?

18. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

I have adopted this philosophy, If I don't take a headphone out when you walk up, keep walking.

19. Dei

Dei Member

Go to a nicer place. It's the same as complaining about sharing an elevator with loud people or the road with bad drivers.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Works like a charm

[​IMG]