1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

HOW TO FIX THIS MESS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by threepointshot3, May 12, 2017.

1. threepointshot3

You don't just give away a player like Harden for less then the dollar and It is what it is.It will have to be an incredible for Morey even consider any deal.

2. Rocketeer4Life

Harden's apologists will say that Harden needs more help but the issue is not getting more help for Harden. His game and temperament are not suited for being the best player on a championship team, so in order to win a title what he needs is not a better supporting cast--he needs to play alongside a better player and to become part of the supporting cast (a leader of the supporting cast, to be sure, but not the team's top star).

Morey can keep tinkering with the roster and the coaching staff and he actually makes some good moves from time to time--but as long as the Rockets are Harden's show, they will lose in the first round most of the time, as they have done in three of Harden's five Houston seasons.

http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2017/05/harden-disappears-as-spurs-embarrass.html?m=1

gumbleton3 likes this.
  3. riko

riko Member

And lin fans like you are here to troll

4. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So is Max Kellerman a Lin troll as well? Am I? How deep does the conspiracy go in terms of people not believing in Harden as a #1 option?

Are there lizard people from outer space responsible for our posts? Is it the Russians?

Face it. A lot of people just don't see Harden as a guy who can bring a team to the promised land as a #1, and it has nothing to do with Lin or "hating".

Rocketeer4Life likes this.
  5. Rocketeer4Life

And idiot Harden fans like you are in for another disappointing year with him at the helm:D Mark my words.;)

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

though i think we should trade him, hypothetically they'd need to go after cp3, pg, hayward, lowry, and melo. a 2nd option, something thats needed to win a 'ship

i dont think anyone else is remotely available, not for a big price. if they do find one w/o givign up too much they can go for another playoff run but my expecations are low.

7. Fantasma Negro

Trade Ariza and Lou for Cuz, renounce all fa (Nene) and unguaranteed (Welcher, Bobby, Williams) and go after Danilo Gallinari. Get better bench shooters that can score, some guy named Beasley is a free agent and he can score from anywhere, when the threes aren't falling he can work the midrange.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

let's start by finally being realistic about Ryan Anderson and his albatross of a contract. Bad move, let's not live with it. We need to move him this offseason for another player or cap space. I'm hearing crickets from the anderson fans who were like, "it's not such a bad contract; he's a stretch 4 that can shoot ....blah blah blah". what we are paying this guy is an abomination and he's probably the most inconsistent player in the rotation. Can we please rectify this mistake this offseason and move on?

RyanB likes this.
  9. threepointshot3

Anderson is a nice dude and all but that contract is beyond horrible and no sane GM will take him off our hands unless we sweeten the pot by offering some really good extras.

RyanB likes this.
  10. hakeemthagreat

Quitter or not? Is it acceptable to keep a guy known to give up? I dont think Houston fans are that stupid

11. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Fire McHale!

12. threepointshot3

It has nothing to do with being stupid, unless Morey gets equal value for a player like Harden's ability he is not trading him.

13. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Trade Anderson and/or Ariza for a 3 or 4 who has an inside game and can shoot 3 pointers and play defense. (Not many out there, but this one player would help so much).

14. hakeemthagreat

What value does a guy have who quits? Whats the use of ability if one doesnt want to compete? You may or may not get equal talent. But we need guys that'll compete every night. Harden is a quitter. Trade him now & rebuild around another core of players

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

First thing is not to place 90% of a player's evaluation on just one game. Harden stunk it up in game 6. But that one game doesn't define him more than all the rest of his career and improvements he made as a player and leader this year. I'm even willing to place a bit more importance on the game because of how important that game was. Even still it doesn't outweigh all of the good he did for this team and the heart he showed for most of the playoffs and season.

Second is to take what good improvements we made, fine tune, tweak, and change whatever needs to be done. Get Harden a sports psychologist, don't break up the team's chemistry and work from there.

RyanB likes this.
  16. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Realistically, I think the Rockets trade Sweet Lou, hopefully for a salary we can waive. I think Isaiah Taylor might be his replacement. Nene will hopefully sign for a similar dollar amount as he did this year. That puts the Rockets around 13M in cap space. I'm no BimaThug. I don't see the Rockets signing another BIG unless its on cheap contract. I think Nanu steps up as the 3rd BIG.

Im rooting for a James Johnson signing.

17. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Try pairing Harden with Carmelo Anthony. Boom or bust.

18. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

Porter from Washington should be our prime target.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He's going to cost 15-20 minimum. And he has a tendency to disappear too.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I always like to imagine a fan of say, the Orlando Magic, or the Phoenix Suns, coming over to Clutchfans and seeing a thread titled "HOW TO FIX THIS MESS" after being a Top 5 team in the NBA this season.

Vivi and Junebball like this.