1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to deal with heartbreak...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 3, 2014.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Y'all youngins are probably feeling a bit sad and empty right now. Well, that's a common feeling. It won't go away for a few days. You might be unfamiliar with that feelings...seeing as how the Texans and Astros suck.

But you got a taste of it. Sports heartbreak. We old timers have dealt with it before. Many times against the Seattle Supersonics, and once in 1997 against the Jazz. That awful empty shell-shocked feeling, when joy turns to disbelief to horror to sadness.

Here's what you have to remember:

-The best way to lose is one a last second buzzer. It would be far more depressing if we got blown out tonight. Less painful short term, but far more long term. This is more like ripping a bandage off. The pain is good for a young team. It will make them really understand the value of taking each play seriously. Before you can be a winner, you must taste the agony of defeat.

-We really didnt miss out. Portland isn't winning a ring, neither were we. Miami is getting their 3 peat. And SA and Thunder/Clippers is a toughest of roads.

-the team will likely get better this offseason.

Here's what to do:
    1. Go buy some ice cream. Even if you are lactose intolerant. Indulge. But don't drink. For your friend's sake.
    2. give your mom a hug. She probably thinks you are on drugs but heck, it's helps your cause
    3. let your dog lick your face after drinking from the toilet
    4. Do not call your ex-girlfriend no matter what. Will usually end unpleasantly.

#1 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 3, 2014
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
    5 people like this.
  2. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

smoke a blunt and watch some netflix. I have faith in the moves we make this offseason to be true contenders next year.

1 person likes this.
  3. Juxtaposed Jolt

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Best thread of the entire board ever.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

100 percent agreed.

I made a case that losing this series is better for the team. The FO can see that Mchale is not the answer and players can understand that every possession matters.

We need more veteran players and a veteran coach would be nice too.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

**** that.

I'm 21. I never got the pleasure of enjoying those championship years, being too young. I became a diehard the season before we got Yao. All I've known is heartbreak without any reward of a championship.

It sucks to be us.

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

how is it far more depressing if they were blown out...? you have the game in hand with 0.9 seconds left and you let wide open shot to great 3 point shooter, no I would rather us being blown out and not ended in heartbreaker :(

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Dream had to lose to the Celts. The Sonics broke our hearts so many times it almost makes me an OKC fan (just kidding). I won't even mention the Jazz. You lose before you win. It still stings, a sting that only hookers and scotch will cure. Again, kidding.

9. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Game of Thrones.

10. DreamEarlNolan

Wish I could give the OP positive feedback. Didn't think it was possible tonight, but I actually smiled while reading the post.

11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I'm already binge eating cake....

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it's k I wen through the Yao and Tmac era, i don't want anything but first round exists

13. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Pretty much this.

14. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

**** no it's not! A buzzer beater is BY FAR the worst way to lose, I would have preferred a blowout to that ****ing shot.

15. LandryMegaBeast

im not sure how much more heartbreak i can take. im still in college and i became a fan in the midst of the francis/mobley/cato years and have been through not one, but two superstars breaking down, 3 years of 9th place finishes and now this? ill try hard but im not sure how im going to make it through this week. and right as finals are starting too... damn

16. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

at least this means Mcfail is gone.

17. crab snappa

crab snappa Member

This is what I like to see. Nice post.

18. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I already forgot about it when I found out I'm gonna be an uncle

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I'm ****ing high, **** it.

20. brennan713

brennan713 Member

I'll be indulging in tequila tonight. I suggest the same.