1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How to Catch a Poker Cheat?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketfish, Oct 8, 2005.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"This week i noticed him hiding his cards under the table, but thought nothing of it at the time. I also noticed his sort of fidling around undert he table.
    The last 2 weeks we have found cards on the floor under the table."

I can't believe you saw all this and didn't call him out. :eek:

2. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

The one rule that can be implemented other than shuffling on top of the table is that basically before the flop and after the cards are dealt out the Deck has to be placed on the table and not picked up until the flop is to be dealt. Then put the deck back on the table for everyone to see. Deal the next card, put the deck back on the table. That way it doesn't give him a chance to mess with the cards while others are looking at their own cards and being distracted.

That should help with them having the deck in their hands the whole time.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Dude, I would get together with the non-cheating friends and beat the hell out of him. Cheating ain't cool.

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The answer to this is easy. Count the cards before you shuffle them every time you play with this guy. If there are cards missing announce it to the group and then suggest everyone stand up so you can find the missing cards.

Do this well into the game after you think he's stashed some cards.

Then take the low life out, kick his ass and never let him play again.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

He's taking aces out of the deck though while he's shuffling and hiding them so he can use them later.

I've been accused of cheating before when I wasn't. If he's not cheating he shouldn't have any problem with you counting the deck after he's shuffled. I would prefer someone doing that to me instead of going behind my back and telling my friends I was cheating.

I was accused of dealing myself aces twice in a game. That happens sometimes. Getting quads multiple times in back to back games is a little fishy though.

6. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Accidentally kick him in the shins and when he rolls over in pain, the cards should fall out.

Less legal hassle than murdering someone.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

When he busts out an obvious hand, look him in the eye, take back your money from the pot and see how he reacts.

8. Christopher

Christopher Member

Start talking about a story you heard about a guy who was cheating at Poker and how his poker buddies got thier long, painfull revenge.

Start off talking about it really casuallt but as you get into gory details start staring at him.

Then say "You know, I feel the same way about cheaters. I think they should all die....But ah....you wouldnt know anything about that would you {cheaters name}".

Do it for sh*ts and giggles. :D

9. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Remind him there's a special spot in Hell reserved for cheaters.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is just so WRONG !!!!

I would install a digital camera behind him and under the table that would record to a hard drive, then I would show him that he was caught, and beat him about the head with a dull instrument.

Hell, don't be a wuss, call his A$$ out.

DD

11. rocketfish

rocketfish Member

For all those saying that it shouldn't have even gotten this far and that we 'deserve' to be cheated if we let him do it, i have got something to say...

We were oblivious to what has been going on because as i stated, he is a friend and none of us would have even thought anyone would be that low in cheating your friends in a friendly (but still for money) poker game.

No-one was paying any attention to anyone shuffling the extra deck or whatever anyone else was really doing out of play because we didnt think we had to worry about that.

The camera under the table is a good idea, also liked the killing him idea. Ill be sure to update after he gets caught in the act of we confront him this weekend.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You can videotape the murder as well and upload it for us.

13. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

I agree with the camera idea.

After you catch him, demand that he pays back every cent he has evern taken from the table. That's punishment one.

Then, tell everyone you know about his cheating ways. Cheating at cards is bad, but cheating your FRIENDS at cards, well, that's just f**king sad. Make sure everyone knows about his cheating ways and give him the social death he deserves. Heck, send the video to his boss. I bet he won't be employed for long.

I know that sounds like a harsh thing to do to a "friend." But this guy ain't no friend of yours if he is cheating you out of money every single week.

Oh yeah, it'd be funny if you recorded the confrontation too. :)

14. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

don't forget killing him as well

always a good decision!

15. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

If you HAVE to kill him, make sure you record that too.

Make sure you muss up your hair so we can try that insanity plea.

16. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

That's the funniest comment of the year.

If he's picking cards out of the deck then you ruling that the cards always stay on the table (or over the table) should fix it. Really I am not sure he's cheating in this manner. Think about it. You and your friends all sit around a table (presumably) with guys sitting next to him as well, right? So he takes the deck below the table, turns the cards so he can see them, picks out the aces/stacks the deck and nobody SEES any of this? This guy would have to have big brass balls to be such a poor cheat and do it in front of people. A real card sharp would do it above the table and you'd never know it. If he can shuffle the deck and stack himself four of a kind while you're sitting there.....where/when is your game again? :D

17. rocketfish

rocketfish Member

Yeh its pretty much aggreeable that we were just oblivious to him and his doings.

We do sit around a table, however the table has had a loose table cloth over it.

I know that rules such as cards always above the table would solve it, and we all do that but never really called him out for not doing it (i mean , who REALLY thinks theier 'friend' is going to cheat them?)

Im not concerned about how to solve the problem, thats easy enough. Just catching him and violently torchering him, and the ways to do it, are what i am concerned about!

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Also, make sure that when someone folds they are throwing back all 5 cards. Don't assume a stack = 5 cards.

19. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

This is true. If he holds on to an ace, not only can he use it later on, but he also knows that there are only 3 aces in the deck if he gets in a hand where he's up against an ace.

Personally, I don't think that you should make rules to make it harder for him to cheat. You should do the video or something else to catch him. If you don't catch him redhanded, then it will always eat you inside that you never knew for sure that he cheated.

Good luck!

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

make sure one of his buddies isn't helping him cheat.. and then splitting the loot with him :eek:

[​IMG]