1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the alt-right is radicalizing American youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My problem in general like the Russian manipulating voters story is it assumes human beings are feeble minded

There isn't a concerted effort by the creators of these videos and thats another problem with the narrative

#81 pgabriel, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, do you not see the hypocrisy of what you just wrote?

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

So you are ok with Islamic extremists using social media to spread propaganda both past, present and future?

4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Sums up the US relationship with the alt-right:

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Social. Media is available to anyone. Why worry about something that cant be stopped

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

No point it out im sure in your arrogance you realize we all aren't as smart as you

7. MystikArkitect

Do you believe that since Trump’s election that there’s been a rise in anti-immigrant, anti-Jew, anti-Muslim, pro-Fascist sentiment in this country?

You don’t have to answer because you do. We all do.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Twitter banned accounts traced back to spreading propaganda around ISIS or other Islamic fundamentalism? And many social media channels didn't let the beheadings of tourists in Morocco on their site. But you are saying that is censorship correct? That social media should be a free for all and nothing at all should be stopped from being posted on there? This is a different topic than this thread but you seem to keep coming back to it.

The reason I posted this thread was to demonstrate that social media isn't just used by Islamic extremists to successfully spread their hate, but also by the alt-right which you seem to have sympathy for.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You are whining about a poster addressing you personally and then you go on to personally attack me. Are you that narcissistic that you only see yourself and no one else?

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you want them censored or not. I dont have a problem banning ISIS.

Your thread title is about Alt-Right. Now you're talking about ISIS

Edit: see i at least read the title

*badumtah

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because he has done it in several threads. I didn't complain i addressed his obsession

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I am using it as a comparison point since you were defending the alt-right in this thread.

I haven't decided on the censorship issue personally. That said, corporations have the right to censor any way they want - my opinion and the 1st amendment is irrelevant.

What is interesting is that you are ok with censoring / banning Islamic Extremism, but against censoring White Nationalism. To me they are the same thing so it does sound like you are supportive of that cause based on that.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where did i defend them. More arrogance putting words in my mouth

Good lord i haven't made one ****ing value statement on the alt right. A political entity is gonna try to spread their message. Thatz not news worthy its being political

Talk about not reading

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Your consistent deflection of criticism of the alt-right and saying that Muslim extremists should be banned from social media but not the alt-right is a de facto defense.

I am merely calling you out.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Where did i deflect criticism. Jus stfu youre wrong

My initial statement in this thread ABOUT THE ALT RIGHT WHICH YOUR TITLE ADDRESSED is that these videos aren't making a lot of people join their cause

Get tired of having to correct you cause youre to arrogant to look at what someone's saying and ASSuming what they really mean

Only a very arrogant mofo what say im doing something i just said im not doing

An arrogant ass

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, I think history shows that humans can very well be manipulated.

There is a concerted effort by 'white nationalists' to radicalize youth. There absolutely is.

17. biff17

biff17 Member

I just call it like I see it you calling out another poster for being arrogant shows a huge lack of self awareness.

Why do I care about what Sweet Lou has done in the past?

What does that have to do with you and how you continually get things wrong?

18. biff17

biff17 Member

You sure are thin skinned to be so opinionated.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

When i say a concerted effort i mean these organizations arent working. Maybe i used the word concerted incorrectly

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Im thin skinned when people say i said ish i didn't. Never know who might read this