1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How the alt-right is radicalizing American youth

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jun 8, 2019.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Do you know what they had in them?

Why are they watching ISIS YouTubes. And talk about insignificant numbers. How about white Americans joining ISIS.

dachuda86 likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like alt-right content isn't labeled "White Power" or "KKK", ISIS doesn't label their content that way either. Shocking!

Of course if you had read the article as you claimed, you'd had known that already. Sounds like you didn't even read it.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If i didn't read it how do i know they dont have numbers.

Thats why you're just arguing to argue. And you cant refute the point we at least dont know

sirbaihu and dachuda86 like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Duplicate

dachuda86 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

There are so many logical fallacies I have pointed out in your argument. Instead of addressing them you attack me personally. That says a lot about the fact that you are in fact the one who is just hear to vent off steam and aren't really interested in genuine debate

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I know the numbers of kiids being recruited may not be significantl.

Than is all i need to know about this

Its a long anecdote

dachuda86 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The number of kids whether they are Muslim or White corn-fed Americans is not significant in terms of how radicalization (we are not talking about recruitment here). There are significant number of Muslims around the world who have been influenced by Islamic propaganda. I am curious why you think the number must be so low. Or do you think that white people have a magical resistance to being influenced?

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The statement that they should let people discuss ideas but when people call for violence, I agree with.

The thing is, Alt-right, the very term was coined by Richard Spencer. Spencer, technically, is not a Neo-Nazi...but he believes in their ideals, I mean the guy was doing the Heil Hitler salute, believes in white ethnostates, what else do you want him to do? Get a swastika cut into his forehead? Spencer coined the term, he gets to define it, that's what it is. It's just a far-right white supremacist movement that tries to dress itself up as mainstream conservatism.

To me, you are a nazi if you believe in their ideals. I really don't care what you call yourself, a 'Race realist' or whatever kind of label they invent next. They are Nazis.

And Youtube has already stated that they do have an issue with this. You can say there is no data to support it, but Youtube says there is, as I linked previously. What Youtube wants to do is remove harmful conspiracy theories off of their platform. They say it is a problem, others that have looked into it say it is an issue, and the story about this guy here is just an anecdote to help convey how it is an issue.

nacho bidness and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Some stuff to read, listen to...there's even more if you are curious.

http://www.quilliaminternational.co...0/FINAL-documenting-the-virtual-caliphate.pdf

https://theintercept.com/2018/12/24/isis-recruitment-us-terrorism/

https://abcnews.go.com/US/hate-grou...uiting-methods-isis-experts/story?id=53528932
    I'm sorry man, you are just wrong here. Our government actually fights against how ISIS recruits. There are tons of stories in Europe of ISIS recruiting girls and luring them to them through social media and the internet...and now modern day nazis have picked up on this tactic of online recruitment.

I'm really not sure what is to be gained to ignore this issue. Everytime someone brings it up here there's always posters, always right-wing posters, going. "Let's just ignore this. Why are we talking about it?" Meanwhile, some kid somewhere is planning to shoot up a church or a mosque because of 'Muh White Genocide' conspiracy theory.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The number is 300

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup. 300 is pretty statistically insignificant.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't know if you're being sarcastic but remember not all tbose 300 ate radicalized by YouTube

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

ISIS isnt the alt-right

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

It said the following as if it is a bad thing lol.

He began referring to himself as a “tradcon” — a traditional conservative, committed to old-fashioned gender norms. He dated an evangelical Christian woman, and he fought with his liberal friends.

Not in a million years was/is this fellow alt right. Sounds like a typical conservative. This article is typical crap you can expect from outlets that compete against youtube for ad revenue. The other fact is that the left can't win on youtube because their ideas continue to get called out by centrists and those further right. They have to censor people by lumping them in with nazis. That is what game is afoot.

This is some grade A Pravda stuff.

#74 dachuda86, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    BruceAndre likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What would you call someone that believes that black people are dumber than white people. That we need a white ethnostate and that there is a white genocide going on?

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

That only counts those who joined not those who were radicalized in their views. I am shocked you think this isn't a problem.

Sounds like you are afraid of a censorship argument so you want to down play this being a problem. I notice conservatives like to do that with climate change as well

17. biff17

biff17 Member

Did you actually call out another poster because of their arrogance?

Look in the mirror dude.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Bitterness I see. Losing the narrative control are they.

Apart from this being wonderful for the sake of pure salt mining, this is fascinating. It is an actual artistic depiction of an SJW's thoughts about why no one takes them seriously. Also the part about SJW being ironic. lol. The term isn't an ironic one at all and is only used that way by actual SJWs who are in denial about actually being one. Humor as a coping mechanism if you will.

Five star post.

The points it makes are obviously blind to reality as well like most SJWs. Star Wars sucking now and Battlefield flopping is largely related to crappy writing and the cover up was "oh people hate wamen." Or people hate diversity. This is a total BS narrative by the SJW left types who are just preachy control freaks. News flash: Normal people don't want to buy products that are preachy! I'm sure some people do hate women or minorities, but most people just hate crappy products and bad writing. SJW's in particular love to brow beat their beliefs upon viewers and readers, and this is exactly why the comic industry is failing for instance. Or the obvious SJW female empowerment moments in Star Wars that aren't even subtle. Or the magic Battlefield cyborg chick who can beat battle-hardened soldiers because the writers only know how to establish a strong female lead with physical strength and fighting prowess. As if there aren't other types of strength for characters other than physical strength, but I digress. I guess people just hate women. It isn't like a woman can be a succesful lead in a shooting game. Just ignore all the ones like Perfect Dark that nailed it.

But this is way off topic. Interesting though. People who don't like SJWs are not nazis or alt right. Let's get back on topic. We have to tackle the all important issue of how the far right nazis are growing because some beta faced soy boy became conservative and traditional but was rescued by the young turks or something. This article is important journalism. Pulitzer material actually. In fact, it should be put into academic journals as well, because the research is clearly there.

#78 dachuda86, Jun 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
    BruceAndre likes this.
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I dont go to sleep worrying about ISIS just like i didn't go to sleep worrying about Saddam.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hey brp you've established that you ride my dick now by coming into threads to comment on me and not the topic

Do you know which poster between me and Sweet Lou trolled this entire forum as his personal experiment