1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How should Dwight Howard be received by Houston fans in his return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2017.

?

How should Dwight Howard be received by Houston fans in his return?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2017.
  1. Cheers

159 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Boos

38 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Indifference/Silence

102 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

cheered. he got milk hair fired, and d'antoni hired, and thus ushering in a fun, dynamic style of basketball, and unleashing the Hardin.

couldn't have happened w/o Dwight.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

3. Chamillionaire

Such wasted opportunity. If he had just put his head down and went to work, we could have been really really good. Instead we had to watch the debacle that was last season.

Indifference for me.
    As much as I like him as a player, I dislike him as a disturbance in the locker room.

4. MystikArkitect

As long as we get the W I don't care who is playing on the other team and how we treat their little insecure egos.

5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Absolute silence! Howard can not handle not being acknowledged and he will mentally check out of the game.

#65 juanm34, Feb 1, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It is said that even the smallest fan can boo and clap at the same time. Sometimes it's just the right thing to do. Boo for his terrible attitude last year and not buying into the team we had and the talent. Clap for him opting out of his contract.

juanm34 and Tha_Dude like this.
  7. thegreatdantoni

I would clap just the way he played: hard sometimes, uninterested others, and poor fundamentals throughout.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Clutch says the Rockets have a tribute video ready for him.

They should make it one long motivational video of his highlights and lowlights intermixed with slides of sappy motivational quotes of happiness and rebirth through belief in oneself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

don't boo. It just didn't work. Even after the passage of time, no one is saying any different and there haven't been any anonymous sources dropping crazy stories. He seems happy, we're happy, and there were some good times before last year. Kinda like seeing an ex where the relationship fizzled out because you two were too different. It'll be awkward, but no reason to hate!

OldYelllowDog likes this.
  11. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I'll be cheering for him. No hard feelings, not my favorite Rocket though. But I do remember when he stayed at Toyota Center with fans when the streets were so flooded many couldn't get home. He did a lot for the city. He chose to come to Houston, and left when we were happy to see him go.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

There's no reason to boo him. It'd be nice to be the only city that respects his contributions and gives him a nice reception.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

He put in a tremoundous effort 95% of the time he was here.

Houston fans know that. The people in the TC watched him destroy Portland in the post personally.

I would be embarrassed if we booed. He chose us, when nobody else would, and regardless of how he left, I won't forget that.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

He ruined last season, boo the **** out of him. I call this the David Lee effect.

David Lee lost his spot to Draymond; asked to get out of GSW, found himself on Boston and then tossed around teams and is now a 8th-9th man on San Antonio. Had he shut up and stayed in GSW, he would've been their 6th/7th man and a legit contributor. Once your reputation has taken a hit by someone outplaying you, or the system working around you not for you-- accept your role. See Omer Asik.

Honestly, if we think Capela is doing well or Harrell or anybody, if Dwight would accept his role as in set hard screens, roll hard to dunk, or kick to either corner for a 3 offensively while being his beast self defensively we'd be ****ing incredible.

Not accepting roles is a tragedy, his role here is to be booed. I'd boo the **** out of him. Literally wasted a year for us being a b****.

RudyTBag and Stormy1234 like this.
  16. Chuck Nevitt

Chuck Nevitt Contributing Member

Stay classy, H town

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. Asian Sensation

Cheer him! He helped us as much as he could when he was here and now we're better off without him. No hard feelings. Don't be that bitter ex.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Go away, Dwight.

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

He underperformed overall, but show him apathy. Don't boo or cheer him.

Richie_Rich and Stormy1234 like this.
  20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Should be cheers or at worst indifference.

But let's be real. People are going to boo.