1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How should Dwight Howard be received by Houston fans in his return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2017.

?

How should Dwight Howard be received by Houston fans in his return?

Poll closed Feb 4, 2017.
  1. Cheers

159 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Boos

38 vote(s)
    12.7%
  3. Indifference/Silence

102 vote(s)
    34.1%
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Cheer him for starting lineup/intro and then indifference and boos rest of the game. Dwight played super hard in the playoffs and was a huge reason why the Rockets made it to the WCF two seasons ago and if it wasn't for the injury he suffered in game 1 of the WCF we could have pushed the warriors even further that year.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Cheer him. Boo McFail, John Brewer and Triple Chin Maury to an extent.

3. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

last year was just a nightmare in general. if last year didn't happen, we would be giving him a standing ovation, so if i was there, I'd just do a soft golf clap while sitting in my chair. I don't think he deserved to be booed but he did quit on the team, but pretty much the whole team did

4. Vienna Calling

I would absolutely cheer him.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I just want to see Hack-a-Dwight to enjoy it from the opposing team.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. mrm32

mrm32 Member

He should have ran the pick and roll more.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im extremely happy to see that houston isnt full of haters. He chose us as a free agent over lakers and always tried to not piss the city off.

I would cheer for him

Ramo$e likes this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

My mind set also. We did make it to the Western Cofrence Finals.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Since Dwight has a weakness for wanting to be liked, we should sign Josh Smith to a 10day contract just to run this play after the first timeout, that Jason Terry pulled on JR Smith earlier this season.

Josh would distract Dwight with a surprise, nostalgic hug during the play...live on TNT!!! I really think we can pull off this sucker play.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If I was there, I'd cheer for him during intros and then boo him when he shoots free throws(but not when he merely touches the ball). He did nothing wrong. He didn't leave in a punk manner like Parsons or badmouth the organization after he was gone. He was here 3 years. We made the playoffs every year. He helped get us to the WCF in 2015 and did everything he could(aside from hit free throws) to defeat Portland in 2014. That's all. No bad blood.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LMAO. Yes, the JJ Fatt guy whose team is much better without him. The same JJ Fatt guy that led his team to 2-14 EMBARASSMENT and then a 30-0 HUMILIATION at home.

1. Dwight would never have such records
    2. Hakeem has done more for the city than anyone. Currently, Harden does more for the city than anyone.

12. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

Still remember that face when harden made the game winning shot

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dwight quit on us.. Never forget. I'm always surprised how easy it is for fans to forgive him for that... Rockets also would have been a better team if he did the things that he is doing in Atlanta. That doesn't make anyone angry? I was a defender of Dwight (that **** was exhausting), it's probably why I dislike him so much now..

I wish I had the energy to boo chump-ass Dwight.. I'm embarrassed I care enough for this dude to annoy me so much.

I hope Dwight trips on the Logo!

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Yeah, he did!

Richie_Rich likes this.
  15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I just want to see Capela render Dwight obsolete tomorrow, and we clobber the heck out of the Hawks.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

he will be booed just because there will be plenty of fans just following the trend of hating on Dwight because he gave up on the rockets last year and forgetting that he helped vastly improve the Rockets in year 1 & 2. I wouldn't boo him at all, he's the first top tier super star to ever choose Houston as a destination, he wanted it to work. It's not like he got traded here, had a bad attitude, never did anything good and gave up on the team.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

A polite quiet clap - no need to be rude.

DD

18. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Completely agree, and he's been a headcase for every team he's played for so far. With Dwight, there's always some sort of off the court drama. Something tells me he gets more kicks from that than he does winning games.

19. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

He did quit on us but that doesn't mean that he did great things for the organization. If we put everything in a balance I firmly believe that the good outweighs the bad. T-Mac also quit on us and it was way more obvious and yet he will get his day on April.

20. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Cheer him Houston. His first year was great for us. Literally the only player that show up in the Portland series. Got to the WCF because of him