1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How serious are the Lakers about getting Yao??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by silentfan, Feb 12, 2004.

1. ckahlich001

ckahlich001 Member

your the guy who cuts his hair on south gessner?

hopefully yao digs how our city is so diverse and everyone here loves him.

2. scotia

scotia Contributing Member

I know who u r now! Jacky Chen:D

3. WasabiTheNinjaPimp

WasabiTheNinjaPimp Contributing Member

Slightly off-topic, but isn't the US the only government that makes it's citizens pay a large chunk of their income as federal income tax even if they aren't in the countrY?

4. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Hehe, he's Colin Pine :) .

5. scotia

LOL:D U got it!

6. zong

zong Member

Like somebody said, money is not major issue for Yao, but care is more important. Also Yao is a figure for Chinese people, he will lose his image for his country if he is going to do sth for leaving Houston because the Rox drifted him first. Traditionally, Chinese never switch the owners.

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

Add one more thing. give him the max the rox can give. the max might be less than other team can offer, but it will show the rox do the best to keep him. it will show the rox heart to him. it will win his loyalty. i believe he will stay here.

8. Irene yao

Irene yao Member

I felt that ym would leave.

I don't like the toyotor center:D

9. Irene yao

Irene yao Member

and I'd like him to go to NY.;)

10. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

you are wrong...

under the rules of the CBA...the Rockets can offer more money and more years on his Max contract than any other team.(and then on top of that...Texas has no state income tax...so he wont have to pay as much taxes as other places)

They are changing the way the team works so that Yao becomes the first option...it will eventually be his team...
    and the fans love him...just listen to the roars of the crowd when he gets announced and when he scores..

So..if the city loves him..and the organization shows him massive amounts of love...and they give him more money than any other team can...and we are progressing towards a championship...someone tell me again WHY SHOULD YAO LEAVE?

seriously...I want to know why so many think he will or should leave...is it because you dont like Houston or the Rockets?
    I would wager it probably has to do with what city you are from...if you are from the LA area...you want him to go to the Lakers...if you are from NY..you want him up there..

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The only team that can rival the Lakers as far as getting big men and keeping them is the Rockets.

Although I don't necessarily care for Chad Ford, I can see the possibility of what he is saying about Shaq being traded, ala Moses Malone. Shaq is clearly on the downside of a great career, but the downside non the less. So, I can see him being traded just like Moses Malone and Kareem were traded.

But I don't see the Lakers ever being able to get Yao unless Yao doesn't develop into the kind of player that he can be and the Rockets give up on him. By the end of Yao's rookie contract, the Rockets will have made a decision on what he is and they will resign him, end of story. If they feel that he is just another big, tall guy with good skills but not a top 5 player, then they will try to move him to somebody else who feels like he is a top 5 guy, but that isn't gonna happen until they prove to themselves that he is not going to be a difference maker.

But to put all that to rest, Yao is already a difference maker. He is already a top 10 talent in this league. He is already a game breaker. He ain't going nowheres unless he gets hurt and his career fizzles ala Ralph Sampson.

The Lakers and every other team in the league has zero chance of obtaining Yao as long as Yao keeps doing what he is doing, which is to say, playing some ball, and improving.

12. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

NY? That's not a right place for Yao.
    Remember what Ewing met on downside of his great career in NY?
    It's a city without sympathy and kindness.
    Yao won't go there, never!

13. scotia

R u Yao papa?:confused:

14. kevin8494

kevin8494 Member

:eek:

15. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I agree. Shaq is injury prone, getting old and i predict he will have another 2 years left on the gas tank to stay on top!:)

16. farlyer

farlyer Member

Yao Will not leave,is that right?:)

17. voice

voice Member

yao's going to the knicks after his contract is up and so is van gundy. :D

18. Irene yao

Irene yao Member

I am not from NY.

I don't like Houston? no.

I just feel that he would leave.

:D