1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How serious are the Lakers about getting Yao??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by silentfan, Feb 12, 2004.

1. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Conspiracy????..just like the "conspiracy" that was going to force the Rockets to trade the #1 pick to the Knicks so Yao Ming could play in New York?

The Duncan, McGrady, and Garnett examples are great. Lets not also forget the new fave LeBron...in Cleveland, a city known more for a flaming lake than anything else.

We're only 1.5 years into 5 years of Yao, and people are already worrying about him leaving? Jeeeeeeez...

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No one is worried about Yao leaving.

Discussions like this pop up when Yao fans who want him on other teams make the suggestion.

Evidently Houston isnt good enough for Yao...and never will be if you believe them.:rolleyes:

3. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

Hmm...are you talking about me? :cool:

4. silentfan

silentfan Member

Nah I want Yao to stay in Houston, it's closer for me to go see him. I was just wondering what Yao's trade value was and since the Lakers are the probably one of the richer teams in the league as far as finances and talent, I thought it would be an interesting topic.

5. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

"In Yao's best interest I would want him to move to San Francisco" not that im biased in anyway! ;)

umm... yeah. hahaha

no seriously I've fallen in love with this Rox team I would gladly trade all of our roster (GS Warriors) for all the Rox! and I would throw in a pack of cigs too.

Too be honest I dont know why fans dont go out to TC to watch the games more often. You should be grateful to have a team that has a real playoff chance and doesnt make you throw up watching them. Come on I've been cursed with a crappy team over here at least The Rox are fun to watch and their going somewhere.

J

6. Bobliu

Bobliu Member

The Magic said that they would never trade Shaq away. They said that they would match anything that Shaq received. They said that Orlando was the best place for Shaq to win. They said ....

Well, you all know what happened to Shaq when his contract was up with Magic...

7. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

It's nearly that bad HERE!

8. ChairmenYao

ChairmenYao Member

as for me, only 30 percent

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Actually it was a river, and that was 35 years ago. Cleveland is a model for how it rebuilt itself (despite the ruinous mayoralty of Kucinich [sp?]). Pick on a more deserving town.

10. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Yao and Shaq are different people. You only need to read some quotes to see the striking differences.

Yao: "Shaq is like a great mountain, one that i hope to someday conquer."

Shaq: "Tell Yao Ming I said this, 'Ching Chong blah blah blah.'"

Also, the CBA was different back then, and it was easier to leave a team.

11. looper

looper Member

This might have been asked a million times, does chinese gov takes share off Yao's endoresment?

12. Val

Val Member

YAO FOR KOBE!@!!!

SHAQ FOR SF!

13. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL! Exactly Clutch....

By the way, I detect a small tone that some YOF's WANT Yao go to to LA. Hmmm, Laker fans in LA, trying to throw out some speculations???? Heh heh...

Yes, Bobliu and zhaozhilong (SEMI-YAO-ONLY-FAN!). I talking about YOU!!!!!

By the way....Bobliu and zhaozhilong. Do you guys live in LA? Come on now...come clean...you guys SECRETLY WANT Yao to go to LA because it will "improve" his popularity profile in Tinsel town...tell the truth....:p

Note: There were YOF/Laker fans before Yao came to Houston. It is those fans that never wanted Yao to go to Houston in the first place. Is that you Bobliu and zhaozhilong?

#53 DavidS, Feb 13, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  14. lsqdavid

lsqdavid Member

Never ever worry that Yao will leave Houston!

He said Houston is his hometown, and you don't know how he love his hometown.

As long as the team treat him well£¬as long as you people treat him well here, as long as you keep going to the match and surpport him, NO WAY will Yao leave Houston! NO WAY will Yao go to NY, NO WAY will Yao go to LA, NO WAY will Yao go to anywhere else except when China, his motherland and his first hometown need him back for games like Olympic.

15. zhaozhilong

zhaozhilong Member

I don't live in the US. Try somewhere 5000 miles.

And before I say anything more, I want to speak to my lawyer.

:rolleyes:

16. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

LOL!!! :D

Well, at least you have a sense of humor about it.

17. Yun

Yun Member

Everyone forgot one thing! Where Yao's girlfriend, Ye Li,will play?

If I was the team that want Yao, I will try to sign her to the WNBA team in town. That would be a big motivation for Yao to come to the town.:p

J/K

18. prlen

prlen Member

Your "careful wording" aids clearness!

19. TraJ

TraJ Member

I don't think they're going to be able to get it done in LA. Why would we want them here?

20. chucknevitt

chucknevitt Member

Screw Yao! I would trade him today for Kareem Rush and Luke Walton. Those guys are incredible. We need to dump him soon before he starts to fade. He only has about another decent year left in him.