1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How scary would it be if GSW aquires Lin

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by coffeelover665, Jan 24, 2014.

?

How good will Lin be with GSW

1. Lin will make them weaker, 1st round exit

52 vote(s)
    35.6%
  2. Lin improves them marginally 2nd round exit

37 vote(s)
    25.3%
  3. GSW becomes the best offense in the league. WCF

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. NBA Finals

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  5. NBA Champs.

32 vote(s)
    21.9%
  6. Lin improves them dramatically

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. coffeelover665

1.) Which is why I posted in the Dish

2.) Maybe, but I just had the thought popped in my head and how all the pieces fit, (I'm also a huge Warriors fan, but I root for Houston whenever we meet, I get a lot of flak from that living in the Bay :( )

3.) Lin isn't an absolute black hole on defense. His defensive parameter was not too far from Bev.

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I asked this random dude on the street your question and this is what happened...

[​IMG]

He was scared...

3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Klay Thompson for Lin, win win for both teams.

Well except for the Warriors.

4. atwood

atwood Member

"Mark Jackson" please

5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

A lot of these are not facts. They are speculations.

Curry could be suffering on offense not because he and Iggy are the only playmakers, but because opposing teams have adjusted to Curry's incredible shooting and are now defending him better.

GSW needs a PG for 10-15 minutes. Under what situations or scenarios would GSW ever put Lin and Curry together in the backcourt over Klay Thompson, or Barnes or even Iggy? Lin needs the ball in his hands to be effective, none of those guys I just mentioned struggle without the ball.

Linsanity was giving complete control of the offense to Lin. The ball was always in Lin's hands, evident with Lin's high USG% during Linsanity. What you are suggesting is GSW marginalize Steph Curry in favor of Lin, they are not going to do that.

6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

They could have kept Jack, but they gave him up for Iggy. Your hypothetical could just as well have been: What if they kept Jack and added Iggy? Yeah, they'd be better, but they couldn't do both. If they want to add Lin now, they'd have to give something else up and most of the benefit from Lin would lost in the trade. They can give up nothing but the MLE (and whoever else they might have spent it on) in 2015, but that's 1.5 seasons away.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Speaking of Iggy.. that contract is going to really look ugly.... his offensive game has continued to decline at an alarming rate.

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

OP claims to be a huge Warriors fan...but calls their coach "Stephen Jackson."

9. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

Lol, Stephen Jackson.

10. coffeelover665

sorry was up all night, You'll also see a lot of grammatical errors too haha.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I don't like pastor Stephen Jackson as a coach. Hopefully they can sign the old Jordan Bulls coach, zen master, Mark Jackson.

If they do that, they will win NBA, NCAA and Olympics in a single game and destroy the Monstars.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Oh my god, he'd be the asian JARRETT JACK

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Would play much. They need a backup pg that is not similar to curry who can play next to curry

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/192/492/full-r****d.gif

15. coffeelover665

Yes they are defending him better, which is why having Lin making plays will help him out. Curry is also a player that don't need the ball in his hand to play. He is an excellent spot up shooter. When the defense tighten up on Curry at the 3, then the penetration to the bucket is wide open. If they close the lane, the 3 is vulnerable for Curry to drop some bombs.

Same situation when Jared Jack was playing with Curry while Thompson was on the bench. It shouldn't be unfathomable to see them playing together when all Lin does is absorb Jack's minutes from 2012.

It's not about marginalizing Curry, but in fact it's more like increasing his efficiency and longevity in the league. If you can lower usage and increase efficiency at a rate where the trade-off is beneficial, then it's worth it. I'm sure Curry can knock down open shooter at a relatively high clip. Plus, the team's offensive strategy relies on Curry and his ankles. If a lower usage rate reduces chances of injury while at the same time, you don't lose production, then it's very worth it.

Last but not least, thanks you for your mature response. I'm surprised at how many people are just joking about it rather then discussing it like you did. Wonder if it's the same if it was someone else beside Lin that was a topic of discussion

16. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Moreso than Jack, Landry was big for them also. He gave them a pick and pop,pnr guy.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

9 peat. Curry will be the greatest ever scorer and surpass MJ as the GOAT

But seriously, Lin is not very good.

18. coffeelover665

True, I feel Morey won't trade Lin away this season to GSW. If GSW were to acquire Lin, it would be through FA or else they would pay a heavy price. But Lin doesn't fit the Rockets as we speak right now. I can see him going to GSW for free. If the Warriors somehow keep the same roster while upgrading the 4, they can sign Lin outright in 2015. Ofc this won't be the WArrior's primary FA agency goal, but I can see them picking him up as they target some star power.

19. WNBA

WNBA Member

[​IMG]

Stephen Jackson is not a pastor. He is a santa.

20. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I disagree about Lin not fitting the Rockets. I think he makes a pretty good 6th man. It certainly doesn't make sense to give him away for free. He might not be worth his contract, but he's producing.

Warriors might be able to pick him up in 2015 with the MLE. The MLE will make them better every time they spend it -- as it will for all their competitors. Lin would make them somewhat better. It's hard to say whether that's their best move, so far into the future.