1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How replaceable is Patrick Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

i feel like pat would be a monster next year off the bench

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Guess he was courted by so many teams right

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

In a league of superstar point guards I'm glad we have the one pg who can shut down and defend point guards

But no one has a answer for the harden and Dwight tho

As long as bev avg 12pts a game I'll be satisfied cause I know harden can avg almost 30

We just need a healthy team and we will win

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

his D really slipped this past season though. he needs to get back to moving his feet and staying in front of his man.

5. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

I don't think he was healthy all year. Hamstring, wrist, elbow, etc. His shot was off and he wasn't as good defensively. Gambled a bit too much.

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think it took a lot of guts for you too come in and admit you were wrong.

Props to you.

7. maw7079

maw7079 Member

I think with the way he plays we cannot expect to ever have this cat around for the playoffs... He hasn't been fully involved in of basketball YET, I don't believe.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Thanks. Just wanted to make sure you knew you were wrong since you apparently think you knew what you were talking about

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Oh wow? You are seriously doubling down on stupidity? Like really?

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports....ush-for-rockets-point-guard-patrick-beverley/

http://hoops-nation.com/kings-patrick-beverley-progressing-towards-contract/

http://mavsfansforlife.com/2015/06/...dre-jordan-or-lamarcus-aldridge-whats-plan-b/

https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/617115790991564800

PEOPLE WHO KNOW BASKETBALL

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Perhaps just tired as well as the injuries. You do tend to gamble more when you know you can't keep up with the other player defensively.

11. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

FTW FTW 4-1 since hes been inserted in the starting layup baby.

The numbers are clear: Patrick Beverley deserves to start over J.....
    nevermind wrong thread ;)

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i've said ti before and i'll keep saying it. bev is not a 35mpg player, he's a 20mpg player. his high energy style is perfect when he comes off the bench and doest get heavy minutes. he cant play that high level of defense for a whole game. with less minutes he'll also have his legs under him to make his threes

13. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We need Beverly to start and play just like he did tonight. Lawson needs to stay aggressive and murder second units.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He can start and still play mid 20's minutes . Bev coming out with defensive intensity sets the tone . He can also knock down threes when set at a very respectable clip . He seems to be inconsistent attacking the basket , but he can be good at it when he is on . He passes acceptably for a second guard .