1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How often do you watch the rockets games this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abc2007, Feb 25, 2010.

?

How often do you watch the rockets games this season?

1. Never miss one minute of rockets games.

137 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. Watching most of rockets games.

183 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. Watching some games or some periods of games.

130 vote(s)
    26.4%
  4. Don’t watch, but check scores and highlights.

34 vote(s)
    6.9%
  5. Don’t care at all.

9 vote(s)
    1.8%
  1. thething

thething Contributing Member

I watch the 1st quarter of every game. After that it depends on if they are watchable.

In previous years I had watched every minute of every game, though.

2. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's way down this season. But it's also been way down for watching sports in general for the past year.

professorjay is frustrated. :mad:

3. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

I watch about 3 out of every 4. It is slowly becoming very, very painful. Maybe it will be a little bit more exciting once we are eliminated from the playoffs and there is some positive side of losing.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Every single minute of every single game, and some more than once......even on the road I watch them from my hotel room.

DD

5. parmesh

parmesh Member

All about school man. That and I'm in Austin. Don't worry though, I love my Rockets. Who's feelin' me?

6. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i have missed one game, forgot to record it before leaving for work. it was the heat game before the all star break...glad i missed it.

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

my roommate rags on me for this, but i too have watched some games multiple times. and even if i know the score, win or lose, ill still watch them so i know what we're struggling or improving on.

we're a work in progress, i look forward to us when we start to click.

8. scottie brooks

Me too! haha I DVR every game and I usually watch it live, good or bad. Then I watch the good games again later. Some nights I'll just rewatch the game if theres nothing to do or cant sleep. I love hearing Bills sultry voice introduce the game once it starts. It's almost pavlovian.

9. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I watch them all usually DVR'ed and FF through timeouts, etc.

The last 3 games have been very, very hard to make it through.

10. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

So do I , I have no idea how I used to watch games without it...the best invention since TV was invented....and DVR is a must for watching football...much worse than basketball in the commercial department.

11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I'd say I miss 5 games top each season...due to school conferences or cancer check-ups. :(

Other than that, I watch every minute of every game.

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I watch every game I can, but sometimes if we are doing bad or it is a painfully boring game I will change channels to a movie or something. 30 minutes later I will think "Oh yeah, the Rockets" and change it back.

Of course sometimes its a commercial when I change back to the Rockets so I return to the movie I was watching (usually the encore channels or HBO) and flip it back a few minutes later, if I remember.

Also, during halftime, I look at the time and go off on clutchfans and return excatly 15 minutes later. (Halftime shows are boring to me, they keep showing reruns of their "special interviews."

So yeah...

13. Convictedstupid

Nearly every game. I can always watch atleast a few minutes of every game. Sometimes I have to leave half way through or I get back and its almost over. But if not all of every single game, atleast a few minutes of it.

14. MONON

MONON Member

In the hill country, I've got fsnh on DirectTV as a non area channel. That means I get the Astros & Rockets games plus pre & post and a few other games, but not the complete line-up. I watch about 85% of the Rockets games live or recorded. I like to see how the team is progressing, good or bad. I guess I'm really looking to see how they'll mesh next season with Yao.

15. magnomonkey

magnomonkey Member

Keep in mind your asking fans that actually post on a forum for the team. Expect most of us to be watching most rockets games and checking clutchfans 100x times a day.

16. scottie brooks

Im watching the 3rd quarter of the orlando game right now. There's just something very soothing and comforting about listening to Bill and Bull discussing the rockets.

17. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Yeah, totally, feel like being raped by five strong butchers :eek:

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I try too, but sometimes I dont get the links, or the streaming is very laggy, or sometimes they shut down the link I was watching, so because of that, I cant see some games, its really tough, living outside of the US, trying to watch rockets games.

And I try to get in the chat, but since I dont have a great connection speed, sometimes the stream gets laggy or the computer freezes, so I just watch the game.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think I have at least seen parts of every game this year. I don't live in Houston anymore, so I have to watch on internet streams. Sometimes they get so laggy that I can't watch the whole thing, but I have watched at least a bit of every game I think.

20. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I used to watch every game, thought not every minute because my classes end late and I get home usually around 7:30 or so, but I would always watch it any chance I got when I got home. I think I missed about 2 games total going out at night or something. But recently I haven't been able to afford cable and had to cancel, so I hardly watch any games anymore..it's terrible. I guess the timing wasn't too bad with us losing almost every game and all but I still want to watch. I'll watch streams but they're awful and laggy and I can't make out a blur of a player from another.