1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How not to react when your child tells you that he's gay

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LAFIRMA22, Aug 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When did you choose to be straight?

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Well, that train came right on time.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What are God's words on homosexuality in the New Testament? You said there was no disputing them, but I thought the New Testament is rather vague when it comes to denouncements on homosexuality.

4. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Wait, what? So Christians don't have to follow the terrible parts of the bible that are in the Old Testament..... so the part of homosexuality being an abomination should be discarded as well?

Although I do agree with not being judgmental to a certain degree, parents being that way to their own children is disgusting. It has nothing to do with religion, just their own reputation.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Any news on what happened when news outlets contacted the parents?

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why do some gay people have a gay sounding voice? I could never figure that out. It's like they have their own dialect.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Lavender linguistics

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I think it's just that simple. Like, do you get a boner from looking at boys or girls? I don't see how that could possibly even be a choice.

Could the parents really be that surprised and pissed when their kid came out gay with that lispy voice? Lol

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It seems highly complex. The next question would be is it forced or natural? I mean...I can force myself to talk with a British accent using words from a local dialect...but it would be forced.

If someone actually talks a certain way and it is fake, then that person is misrepresenting a natural characteristic that makes them who they are. I can understand an actor doing it for a role but in real life? That would be lame IMO.

10. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Okay. So god realized he was wrong during Old Testament times and changed his mind. That almost sounds like the scientific method.

11. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

All of it is ridiculous.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

You give all children a test. You put them in between a GI Joe & a Barbie Doll, and see what happens. That is how sexuality is measured.

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

For almost all people around the time of puberty...When they desire one gender more attractive than an another...Please do not discount how the human body physiologically reacts to hormones...Just because the question is a novel idea, doesn't mean there isn't an answer...

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

There can be choice to do straight or gay acts for some. Sexuality can be masked through those deliberate choices. That's partly why violence against gay men is harsher in particular because they can't get it up and because society has forced men to take a more assertive role.

Regardless of gender, we're at a point in society where if you don't want to live a lie then you're more capable not to then in the last 200 years.

The whole argument if choice and not choice is a wedge for people who feel a need to cast a quick and meaningless judgement in order to rationalize some sense into an area they aren't forced to live through.

For gays, they're probably considering that issue after the fact because it's something they're mostly unable to control or hide

15. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

The kid seems like a manipulative twit. Can't believe he's getting paid $$$$.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

it is very simple to understand. He's getting money because a lot of people don't think he is a manipulative twit. Giving money is the ultimate internet "Like" buttton.

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

It's especially jarring with the Southern accent 'cuz as a guy you just subconsciously imagine him getting his ass whooped. Some completely straight people have that same voice, and hot girlfriends.