1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How not to react when your child tells you that he's gay

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LAFIRMA22, Aug 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

But what do we care about his parents reaction? Are we that oblivious to think these reactions are not common amongst many families? Seems like just a ploy to get people to feel bad for him and help pay for his expenses.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

you seriously think this was a master plan to raise money? the kid was coming out to his parents and probably wanted to record it incase it went horribly wrong and when it did he posted it... if they were understanding or maybe just a little bit more calm about the situation than you would have never seen the video.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Wait just one minute... are you saying that everyone who has this reaction from their families MUST get money from strangers and they can't move out to pay their own living expenses?!?!? :confused:

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't logically make sense to be making money off your family's REACTION to you being however you want to be or are, and... having or not having money to pay to live on your own shouldn't be dependant on that.

I may not be saying the right words, but there's no logical sense in these two: money, family reaction, self-sustaining.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah right.. you can hear in the video the kid's been posting shet about his father on facebook, he probably recorded this to attention w**** even more on social media.

5. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

GOAT parents

lmao at "i was born this way" hurr durr and i took bio and psychology lmaoooooo

parents did the right thing

6. SwoLy-D

:grin: LOL @ "it's scientifically proven"

After I heard that, I thought I heard like 13 Clutchfans say: "Link?" and "Source?" :grin:

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

It's funny hearing rednecks say "on Facebook."

1 person likes this.
  8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I never once said he should make money off this... i said i dont think it was a ploy to get money. try reading Swoly

9. VanityHalfBlack

Horrible parents .

10. SwoLy-D

You got it, brother. So... when did you mention "I don't think it was a ploy to get money" in the following post?
    ^ I don't see where you specifically mentioned "I don't think it was a ploy." :eek: Please point it out. I tried reading... honestly, I did. Don't you mean "I meant to say that, but didn't"?

11. dragician

dragician Member

was expecting a gun shot at the end of the recording.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

i'm surprised people aren't more cynical these days. considering how often there's more to the story than what is represented by these social media public victims. once the mob starts rolling it's hard to stop i guess.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There's a sucker born every minute. It's how an economy works.

Feel bad for the kid but part of finding yourself is not caring what people think.

14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dd2M6WyQ9Bk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. likestohypeguy

If you don't donate something, you're basically a homophobe.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

so the mother says she knew he made the choice to be gay when he was a "tiny little boy."

what "tiny little boys" decide to be gay?

redneck logic

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

saw on it the facebook.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

The clip was too short... maybe they mad cus dude was gay with his brother.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

oh goodness Jontro...incest as well...lolllll

BTW...should be moved to D/D soon...Most parents will always love their child, but they do not have to accept a decision this young man made for himself; which directly contradicts what they believe. Every person has different coping mechanisms when hearing/dealing with life changing news. The reaction that is instantly felt may not be the same a few days later. This child's info has crushed his parents...They may or may not recover, and they have the complete right to accept or reject Daniel's choice.

In life, decisions have real life consequences...Daniel wasn't prepared for the consequences, hence why he felt the need to record the encounter...Guess being older these things make more sense...but it just doesnt as a teen(what I assume his age to be). He may get all the emotional support he is looking for from the world for now(in the form of monetary donations), but there wont be a moment his dad and mom wont be thinking about him.

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Lol at the part when the women attacking the gay dude yelled "Bring IT!"