1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much longer until Bud is demoted to 3rd string?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pge71188, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

There's no reason for a lot of threads in this forum.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You got that right brother.

DD

1 person likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah.... good coaches grow on trees..... and play rookies, sophomores regularly.
    McHale is good enough..... we obviously don't have the talent to get a HOF coach, and I don't want Sloan. Adelman signed because of T and Yao.

I don't mind McHale. I like that guy. As we have discussed, I don't think we will be even a 0.5 team because the West is more balanced. We might be somewhere betw. 0.49 and 0.46.
    Maybe we get better but getting into the playoffs should not be NO.1 priority now but develop players that have more talent than Budingers, your average 2nd rounder and get that star Morey has always been talking about.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry for you. None of the 09ers have panned out they way we wanted them and that includes Budinger.

5. DaDakota

You are 100% wrong, Budinger has proven to be a great player for where he was picked.

A decent role player - sorry that several people don't like him, I think their expections are way out of wack.

DD

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

O'rly 100 percent. I don't go as far to say someone is 100 percent wrong. But yeah you are the man! :rolleyes:
    Ask yourself.... I couldn't care less about him if I don't really like him.
    Fact is he sucked more than he helped the team this season. Maybe most of the times he scored well in losses and disappears in wins.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

See my post above
    One of the only settings for him to thrive either... Adelman's team or

Chris Paul or Chauncey
    Iguodala
    Budinger
    Griffin
    Jordan

where he is surrounded by 4 difference makers who happens to play some D.

8. DaDakota

There are no facts in what you are saying only perception, I am done with this thread, it is a waste of time trying to argue sense into people who just want to bash a guy who played less than 20 minutes and did a very nice job on a winning night.

Only here on Clutchfans I guess.

DD

9. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

Eh, Bud will be fine.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Good players make the most of their time on the court.
    If you're telling me the difference between him playing well or playing bad is one measly quarter then there is something wrong with him.
    He either needs to get warmed up quicker or just ask for a trade.
    The only person Chase has to blame is himself, he lost his starting spot.

I will agree with you though, his overinflated numbers last year have produced unrealistic expectations for Chase; but going 1-8 (same with Martin) is just unacceptable.

11. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You should just calm down and start seeing things, and admit that he is not a good fit here. Mchale won't go away.
    During the winning night he made a good play driving to the basket but that was not a difference maker. There is actually no real point to discuss this.
    Expectations were 13 to 14 points per game, Brent Barry productions ...which he is not able to produce.... this is not wacky as a starter

13. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

he sucks in any system. they "new system" is not taking it's toll.

the new foul calls are taking a toll on kmart

the fact that he sucks is taking a toll on bud

were he to have a big man to space the court and a slasher at the two, he could be a servicable three. oh wait, that's why we drafted him, because we had those.

Now we don't. for this team, he sucks. not system based, personnel based.

other thing DD, his upside is, has been and always will be, bench role player.

that is aLL

14. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Wow dd seems like the voice of reason in this thread. A bunch of posters are being a bit dramatic. Bud will get better...

15. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

I don't get some people on here. If he sucks so much and he is a useless NBA player, what is he even doing on an NBA squad? Why doesn't Morey send him down to the Vipers or waive him? He's obviously doing something right.

I thank God no one on here is the GM of the Rockets. They will do knee jerk trades everyday. Bud will be fine. Geez, lay off the guy already. If Morey is fine with him, you all should be too. He's a 2nd round draft pick for crying out loud, not a lottery bust.

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is about his demotion to 2nd squad or 3rd, it has less to do with him being a useless NBA player.
    People are disappointed in his play that's all.

17. Red Rising

Red Rising Member

For the minutes Bud has been getting, he's looked pretty productive to me. I don't get what your saying. But, maybe we just see things differently. If he keeps stinking it up like some people on here are saying, maybe MIT Morey will do something with Bud one day. But, all Bud can do for now is play the minutes he's been given and he hasn't disappointed.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you take a look at last year, people were hoping to get consistent production of 10 ppg or more, 5, 6 rebounds and 3 assists out of this guy while hoping he would take it to the rack strong.... but he disappointed in his starts, so that left McHale no other choice than taking on a rookie Chandler Parsons, who not only surprised but made Budinger look useless.
    I think Chandler Parsons' emergence has a lot to do with it. If you watch Chandler and Budinger's body language you will see that Parsons will bring it every minute.... while Budinger had his moments but half of the time he is waiting on the perimeter, being lost or doing something else.
    As a reserve he is doing ok.... but nothing spectacular.
    Parsons, Landry are also 2nd rounders and they are just playing better. Especially if you have 2nd rounders like Landry or Millsap you wonder what could become of Budinger. BELIEVE ME IT'S MENTAL. Guy is thinking to much or DOES NOT HAVE A LOT OF BBALL INSTINCTS

19. Egghead

Egghead Member

you guys sure think highly of Chandler Parsons. He's played well a few games this season..the board is overhyping him. Will he continue to play like this the whole year? When he goes into a slump, there are gonna be threads about demoting Parsons to 3rd sting. Budinger is a better player than Parsons and will have a better career.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chandler Parsons is already in a shooting slump. He shoots 0.26 percent of his threes but he does little things, defend, rebound better, hustle more, CP slammers, all the little things and still it shows on the stat sheet.

On top of that, he has no fear of names like Blake Griffin, Durant. Budinger dug his hole and was indifferent as ever.