1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much hate do Muslims deal with?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Dec 7, 2015.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I'm trying to say Muslims aren't. In fact nobody in this country is (except maybe the Jews). There are very few hate crimes for religious reasons in this country.

FBI hate crimes stats........ . It was ****ing written in the post.

There wasn't after 9/11 (despite everyone's claim otherwise). I doubt there is now.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

You might want to rethink that.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It's hard to pin down the exact number of Jews and Muslims in America, but it looks like they are somewhere close to 6 million Jews and maybe 7 million Muslims. The numbers are wide ranging though.

The numbers would seem to indicate Jews are 3.5 times more likely to be subject to hate crimes versus Muslims. I don't know how many hate crimes were committed against Sikhs, but I'm sure those hate crimes were intended for Muslims since idiots think they are Muslim. Even if you include the the number of people in the "Other religion" group into the Muslim group then Jews are still at least 2 times more likely to be subject to a hate crime....if that makes sense.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The false paradigm here is that something as extreme as a reported felony hate crime to the FBI are the only way to be discriminated against.

5. tallanvor

the wording says 'victims of anti-Islamic (Muslim) bias.' meaning if a sikh was attacked with the assumption he was Muslim, then it would be included. At least that's how I read it. Anyways point is, in this country, Muslims are treated fine.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's a real who's who of first world, well educated countries there.

7. fchowd0311

If by 'fine' you mean relative to other regions around the world, then sure. I'm sure Christians would be treated considerably worse in Muslim dominant regions if Christian extremists repeatedly attacked their civilians.

However, in context to what the United States represents and 'ought' to be, I wouldn't consider it 'fine'. Just think about it this way. A large portion of the U.S. is perfectly fine with making a man who would ban all Muslims from entering the U.S their president and his rhetoric on Muslims ACTUALLY INCREASES his popularity. You can rationally see how that MIGHT be worrying to Muslim Americans.

Also I have personally witnessed the ugly side of many of my fellow Marine infantry vets and they have some HORRENDOUS things to say about Muslims... I mean explicit genocidal things. Hating Muslims in the U.S. is a trend that is only increasing and I am cautiously afraid that it will eventually result in tangible hatred that will eventually skyrocket that FBI statistic.

Hate rhetoric is only the beginning. You think Hitler from day one told the Germans to execute the Jews and they all bought in? You think the beginnings of fascism are THAT overt?

#67 fchowd0311, Dec 8, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  8. tallanvor

By 'fine', I mean there are very few religious hate crimes in the US. 11 hundred i think it said total for 2014. That's nothing. But if you really have concerns about hatred towards a belief system, then why not talk about the Jews instead? clearly they have it worse here. What group really hates Jews? I forgot.......

and what the FBI stats should tell you is that, they do that out fear for their safety, not any hatred towards Muslims. If they hated Muslims, then you would see it in the stats. This is not to say i agree with trump.

9. fchowd0311

What the FBI stats tell me is that actual physical violence towards American Muslims is not CURRENTLY a concern. It doesn't tell me much about the RHETORIC. I'm worried about the rhetoric especially when the base of one of the two major parties in this country is perfectly fine and willing to prop up a candidate that is willing to ban all Muslims from entering the country.

You have a rather low bar for 'fine' when hate rhetoric is only when it's a federal felony.

10. tallanvor

Actually the bar is perfect since I believe in freedom of speech. NO belief system is above being mocked. Barring criminal behavior or the call for it, then i don't consider any act against Muslims as a problem (or any religion). I think you, the special snowflake, has the misplaced bar. Sorry, if your safe space has been violated.

11. fchowd0311

You are a walking facebook political activist meme generator. 'Safe space'... really?

Let me get this straight. There was a certain point in pre-World War II German history where hate rhetoric of Jews was almost strictly verbal. In a hypothetical time travel, would you tell Jews during that era that were concerned with growing hate rhetoric of their religion/race that they are 'snowflakes' and need their 'safe spaces'? Well I guess hindsight is a b****.

You must be off your rockers if you honestly believe that a rational Muslim American shouldn't be ever so slightly concerned that a SIGNIFICANT portion of this nation(the Republican voting base) is loving a candidate that wants to ban all Muslims entering the U.S. including American Muslims returning home. It's just only Trump either. Like I said before, many of my peers that I bleed for casually bring about genocide of Muslims in casual conversation and not in a factious manner also.

To link that concern to ****ing 'safe spaces' is a joke. I'm sorry, but you are off your rockers.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

He picks and chooses what he wants to fit his narrative. texxx is a troll, but from his previous posts I can tell you that tall is a scumbag.

13. tallanvor

'safe space' is a liberal college term........

if you take that attitude , then when anyone says anything about any belief system, people should be concerned. You should be really concerned for Christians right now as they take the biggest bashing. Turn on your tv or go see a movie and soak in the anti-Chrisitan rhetoric.

A rational Muslim would be far more concerned with the survey posted earlier. Most my Muslim-American friends are. MY Bangladeshi co-worker is embarrassed and terrified of the beliefs of his fellow Bangladeshis.

[​IMG]

14. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I had to quote this...years of brainwashing and idiot logic make the hardline conservative mind absolutely delusional. I don't mean that in a resentful way, I actually feel sorry that you choose to remain so ignorant.

15. fchowd0311

The scary thing is that I'm an ex-Muslim, but since my family is Muslim, in a hypothetical Trump presidency, would he distinguish between ex-Muslims and current Muslims and if so how because in his hypothetical world wouldn't a terrorist easily just state "I'm an ex-muslim'? Yes, which is precisely why Trump's rhetoric will not only affect my family and actual Muslims, but me and many apostates who are trying to run from political Islam also.

#75 fchowd0311, Dec 8, 2015
  16. fchowd0311

So show me a leading presidential candidate that wants to ban all Christians from entering the U.S. and a large percentage of Americans loving him or her for it.

Please... show me.

How bat **** insane do you have to be to actually believe that Muslims have a more positive reception than Christians in the U.S.
    99% of you perceived 'hate rhetoric of Christians' in the U.S. come from atheists attacking the THEOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF CHRISTIANITY. Sorry buddy. We live in an era were religion is not infallible. However, majority of the hate rhetoric of Muslims is targeted towards actual Muslims.

The problem isn't Sam Harris or angry atheists attempting to disprove god. The problem is a significant portion of America wants to kick my family out of this country and you ****ing know that is true.

#76 fchowd0311, Dec 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Exactly, there is just no way you could verify it...apart from the countless other reasons it is wrong and stupid I'd like to see how someone would actually implement it. The clown speaks (perhaps knowing he is a clown) , but the scary part is the number of sheep deep throating every word.

18. tallanvor

why? that's not hate rhetoric (again not that i agree with it).

IF you are really concerned about immigration from your country then that survey should freak you out. With beliefs like that it is inevitable that your fellow countrymen will be maligned and shamed. Islam is on a path to be treated like white supremacy and its cause of survey results shown. Countries being blocked for immigration is inevitable if it continues. Events like Rotherham are justifiable catalysts for this.

This comment makes no sense. attacking a belief is attacking those who believe it. Im perfectly okay with attacking beliefs.

FIFY

Just out of curiosity if 'hate rhetoric' is a precursor to violence, is violence a precursor to violence? Shouldn't you be more concerned for the Jews since we've shown they are the victims of 3x amount of violence?

#78 tallanvor, Dec 8, 2015
  19. fchowd0311

If I was Jewish I would be if I lived in certain regions of the U.S. BTW, do you happen to know what segment of the political spectrum is the largest contributor to anti-Semitic hate crimes committed in the U.S? Hint: It ain't Muslims.

20. fchowd0311

Before I continue further with demolishing your asinine rationality, do you know the difference between an 'opt-in' ideology vs 'opt-out' ideology?

BTW, when you refer to 'my countrymen', do you even know what country I'm from?