1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much has Francis' numbers really improved?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by indaclubam2pm, Nov 9, 2004.

1. indaclubam2pm

indaclubam2pm Contributing Member

After everything said and done, 4 games into the season, i know it is early, but i think that since steve was so pumped, his numbers in the first week would be higher than it would be the rest of the season.

04-05 w/magic
    PPG 18.0
    RPG 7.70
    APG 3.70
    TO 5.00
    EFF + 14.67

03-04 w/rockets
    PPG 16.60
    RPG 5.50
    APG 6.20
    TO 3.72
    EFF + 17.10

Difference
    PPG + 1.4
    RPG + 2.2
    APG - 2.5
    TO + 1.28
    EFF - 2.43

So steve is happy now because he averages a little over 1 point and 2 rebounds more, but 2.5 assists less? He averages more than an extra turnover pergame, and his overrall effenciency is down by almost 3...so does the system really fit steve better? does it higher his chances of winning the gold? You Decide.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

lol it was funny because I was watching the Magic game..and Steve was doing good..and he threw an alleyoop to Cato..and I was beginning to miss them again...and thought maybe we shouldn't have traded them...
    Then I switched the channel to the Grizzlies game last week and Tmac just owned the third quarter...30 points 9 assists? And I was like wowwww Tmac's awesome lol.

Francis's numbers are going to be a little higher than last year...they lost to the Bobcats..wait and see til the end of the season...

I still miss him..but I'm glad we got Tmac.

3. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Actually, he's averaging 5 ast/ game after this one. That's with two 2 assist games. I think he can go back to averaging 6 to 7 a game, just have to see how he plays. the best trade are the ones in which both team benefits, and I have to say this trade could be a good trade.

4. mfclark

mfclark Member

4 games don't make a season.

5. Just B

Just B Member

He'll get his numbers back up. Probably gonna end up at about 22 ppg, 6.7 rpg and 7 apg once the team gels more.

6. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You do realize that those would be career highs in points and assists, don't you?

7. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Are you saying this because of that article where Steve says he's happy? I mean, what do you want him to say, "I freaking hate it here!!!" That's great, piss off a whole new set of fans. The tone of your post makes it seem like Steve is the one who wanted to be traded. Don't you remember the stink he made when the trade had first leaked?

8. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

I think regardless of his numbers he would be happier simply because he's in a system that's more his style now and they're winning games. He's able to play how he wants and have fun on the court, I would think that would make him happier than getting a few more points a game, assists, or some other stat.

9. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Hmm i think your been a little to generies... His numbers will go up but not by that much

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Hmm, can we make a valid statistical sample out of less than 5% of a season? I'm guessing no.

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

You got to admit though, you still watch the highlights of Franchise and miss it...I know I do...I think the Majic will be great this year...

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Honestly I don't miss it. I was tired of it.

13. PhiSlammaJamma

We are getting better shots this year. I like the results so far. Even if Lue and ward can't hit them. They are wide open. Both from the outside and inside the paint.

14. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Does anybody know where you can look up stats like fast break points averaged by each team?

15. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Ward is hitting 43.5% of his 3 pointers. He can hit wide open shots, that is his whole purpose in the league.

16. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

Francis has improved if you took away the one loss he would have stellar stats (including 2 game winners) and I will admit I miss SF3 and the fire he brought to each game.

I will not miss the TO's and bad decision making but miss his comraderie with his teammates.

J

17. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

We're going to have this all year, aren't we?

Evan

18. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

I miss him and even if you say you don't it's apparent that he's missed enough to be have a post created ever time he plays... :cool:

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They don't officially keep that stat. I think someone unofficially keeps it.