1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much do you Pay Patbev

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Dec 6, 2014.

1. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

losing beverley could really hurt this teams chemistry. he plays a big role in keeping dwight serious and harden accountable while pushing the young guys.

8-10 million seems fair. Can't cheap out on a guy that played through an injury in the playoffs.

Remember before we got him when we just had Lin and Douglas. :rolleyes:

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

The thing is, even though there are a lot of good PGs in the NBA at the moment, they still tend to get paid.

That said, with the questions surrounding his health I'd be reluctant to give him more than 2-3 years.

3. micah1j

micah1j Member

Pat Beverley is a back up on most teams as he doesn't create much offense. Houston with Harden is one of the few teams where he can be a starter. That means the Rockets will probably value him the highest. I think what Bev will get from the Rockets depends a lot on how Canaan develops. I'm thinking 12 million over 3 years is a fair number.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I believe it all depends on whether we have a third star. If we do I can def see him getting his money, probably through restricted FA

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would it be possible for Cubes to do to Bev what he did to Parsons?

6. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I think we will be able to retain Bev for a fair contract. Unless someone overpays for him, I feel like Bev is very loyal to the Rockets.

Money talks but if the money is fair, the Rockets would be foolish to let Bev go.

7. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Bev is ideally paired with a rock dependent star SG. Preferably a super star. I do not imagine there will be much of a market for his skill set. Few assists, average PPG, little rebounding. This is the homer thing yet again.

8. shlhl

shlhl Member

8 Million

9. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Implying that the Rockets haven't taken this into account?

10. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

6-7 million for 4 years. 5-6 million with no trade clause

11. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

i meant per year for 4 years

12. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The one team that worries me is New York, he seems like a great fit for the pg role on the triangle (if i had to pick the 3 best players to form the triangle, it'd be harden, marc and bev). They're about the only team i could see making an offer.

13. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

If he keeps up his current pace on 3pt accuracy... If he regresses to his career and it'd be an entirely different conversation.

14. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

A very reasonable take.

15. YallMean

YallMean Member

How much did Bobby Jackson get paid in his prime? Minus 2M from that.

16. bongman

bongman Member

Anybody catch that post game interview of PB? ..... "If we make the playoffs?" With an angry look.

That is one bad motha. If they made a cologne of him, it should be called BADASS!!

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually the Rockets have "paid" for role players lots of times...they paid for Ariza to come from LA the first time, and then they paid him again to sign a 2 year contract last summer. They paid money to the Spurs to bring Scola over, then they paid him again to retain his services at 9M a year, then they paid him his amnesty money so he could leave and we can take a chance at signing Dwight. They were even all set to give Portions his roleplayer money before Cubes gave him superstar money in a nightclub.

The reality is the Rox put an internal "intrinsic" value on a player and then let him go out and test his perceived value on the market. If he gets a contract offer that is less than his intrinsic value, then chances are the Rox will retain him (i.e. Scola, Landry at his first extension). If the offer is way more than his value then the Rox will let him walk (ie Portions) or try to flip him for assets (ie every undersized PF we drafted).

So to be honest this thread is kind of pointless because we don't know what value the market will set on PatBev. A lot of posters were thinking Mandry would get an extension starting at 6M and yet all he really got was a 3 year 3M offer from the Bobcats. Personally I don't think he'll get that much, almost every team has a good pg by now and while PatBev is really good at defense and 3's, his lack of amazing playmaking ability means he would be a bad fit in every team that doesn't have a point SG or point Forward. Let's see what he gets, I'd be surprised if he makes more than what Pap does though (~4-6M a year).

18. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

I think with his injury concerns he will end up being a MLE player

19. Exiled

Exiled Member

It's not about how much you pay ,rather in how much can you afford..

DMo, Jones,PB are waiting for a big pay day

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Daryl Morey grows point guards in a petri dish. They're flat-out replaceable.